Homebase10 Antenna for 28MHz
- The Homebase10 is a simple to make wire halo antenna for 10m (28MHz) built using parts available from the local DIY store.The resulting antenna is very effective on 10m despite its small size and light weight.
KN5L Field Day Vertical Antenna
- This Field Day Vertical Antenna project is the result of many years of attending various field day sites and realizing that what was needed is a simple, easy to assemble vertical antenna.
Wire Antenna for 75 and 80 Meters
- This article is about a wire antenna that covers the entire 3.5 to 4.0 MHz band with an SWR below 2:1
consists of two coupled dipoles, one resonant at about 3.5 MHz and one resonant at about 4 MHz, resulting in the low SWR
The Gain of an Endfire Array
- This article looks at the maximum theoretically possible directive gain that could be obtained with an endfire array of given length or number of elements, and compares this with practical results in the literature.
Antenna Matching Coil Adjustment Procedure
- Without this basic knowledge, addressing antenna problems, RFI problems, and matching problems, results in a frustrating situation. Procedure which must be followed to properly adjust a shunt matching coil.
Gamma Match Article
- A working analysis of the gamma-match problem that gives usefull practical results. New light on the question of when it will and when it won't give a perfect match to the coaxial transmission line.
F9FT - AFT Antennas
- The radio-amateur antennas made by AFT (formerly Antennes Tonna, later Tonna Electronique division Antennes) are the result of more than 50 years of passion and experiments. Maker of VHF and UHF antennas, cover bands from 6 meters to 13 centimeters
- A Linux Smith charting program. You can enter either discrete components or transmission lines, see the results on screen and/or generate Postscript output. Component values can be changed numerically or using scrollbar
- BeamFinder is a software tool designed to conduct analyses for radio amateurs interested in radio propagation studies. It provides a large 2500 x 1800 pixel screen map of the world which displays calculated results from sophisticated models, dx data and other sources of information
CallBook for iPhone
- CallBook is an Amateur Radio application that allows you to look up call signs via the free WM7D server, the QRZ Online subscription service or the HamCall subscription server and track active APRS stations on www.aprs.fi. Lookup results can be emailed and the QTH can be instantly viewed in the Maps application
Identifying sources of radio frequency interference
- This page describes the results of some tests with a portable spectrum analyzer in attempt to identify the sources of RFI around the house. Radio interference was found in a number of unexpected places.