QFH antenna for weather satellite band
- This article describes how to make a quadrifilar helix (QFH) antenna easily, from inexpensive materials: uPVC plumbing pipe and RG-58U co-axial cable
13 cm Helix Antennapop
- Here is the design of a 2.4 GHz antenna that is ideal for amateur satellite communications. This antenna is easy to assemble because the design itself tolerates inaccuracies in the construction without really affecting performance.
Handi-Tenna portable satellite antenna
- Here is a high-performance hand-held beam antenna that is easy to build and guaranteed to improve your downlink from the LEO satellites over ANY rubber duck or mobile whip
- Cross-Yagis for Terrestrial and Satellite Work
The 2x6-El.-Cross-Yagi (28 Ohm, 2.60m Boom) by Henk, PA3GUO
National RF, Inc.
- National rf provides consulting engineer services, and manufactures direction finding antennas, test equipment, communications receiving equipment and adjuncts, satellite antennas, voice amplification and audio equipment.
Ham Radio communications can be fun !
- Ham radio activities, from satellite operations, eme communications, dxing and contesting, qsling and direction findings, are just some of ham radio exciting activities
Amsat DSP Satellite Transceiver Project
- The DSP Satellite Transceiver is a conceptual transceiver designed as a dedicated unit for amateur satellite operators. The initial concept was brought about by the lack of satellite functionality on modern amateur radio transceivers, and the specialized requirements of the ham radio operator who utilizes OSCAR amateur satellites.
G4ILO Receiving weather satellites
- If you are interested in the environment, the weather and other natural phenomena then there is something magical about being able to see pictures of the earth from space just as it is right this minute. One way you can do this is by receiving images from weather satellites.
NASA - Science@NASA J-Track Spacecraft
- The official NASA tool for orbital tracking of the International Space Station and the Space Shuttle is available through Human Space Flight's Orbital Tracking web page. Shuttle and Station tracking will be removed from J-Track in the near future, but many uncrewed satellites will still be available for tracking
Real Time Satellite trackingpop
- Select your favorite satellite and watch its trajectory on Google Maps in real time! Includes ISS tracking, Weather, Geostationary, GPS Military, and of course Amateur radio satellites
Today's Space Weather - SEC
- Another interesting reports page with plots and graphs of solar flux.
Interesting resources provided here includes, Solar images, a text 3 day solar geophysical forecast, a 3-days Solar X-Ray flux plot updated evety 5 minutes, The Satellite Environment Plot, combines satellite and ground-based data
- Hf-vhf-uhf-shf-digital-monitoring-site,wavecom Decoder and tools, winradio and DRM decoders, WD3000 Direction Finding System , radioraft software. PFSL3000 Integrated HF-VHF-UHF signal monitorin
- Satellite Tracking and Orbit Propagation, Reports and Mission Planning Products, Pass Scheduling and Orbit Event Analysis, Dynamic Communications Link Modeling, 3-D Visualization of Complex Scenarios
User Defined Regions and Contours, Constellation and Formation Flying Support, Global Positioning System Coverage
- WinTick is a utility program aiming at synchronizing the PC clock to Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). It was originally developed for accurate satellite tracking, running on the taskbar while a NASA-compliant tracking program (SGP4 or SDP4) is running in the foreground.
- Atpdec is an open source program that decodes images transmitted by POES NOAA weather satellite series.
These satellites transmit continuously, among other things, medium resolution images of the earth on 137Mhz.
These transmissions could be easily received with an inexpensive antenna and dedicated receiver.
For more information about receiving POES satellite images consult the rig site.
Antenna elevator system for amateur satellitespop
- Smart homebrew antenna-ELEVATOR system with linear actuator. The actuator is a cheap and heavy tool with high enough torque, ideal for elevation systems, but in practice it needs quite an effort in order to operate correctly in your homebrew antenna system. This page inform you of the actuator's secrets.