Frequency Calibration for Weak Signal Work
- Accurate calibration of your receiver and sound card is necessary for good results with the weak signal modes in use at LF. Modern receivers with master oscillators that are synthesized to provide all conversion frequencies greatly simplify the process. This article describes a method of making the necessary measurements and adjustments to an ICOM R75 receiver and a sound card, using the ARGO software
DOMINO - new MFSK mode
- A new MFSK mode with IFK by ZL1BPU and ZL2AFP.It is a simple Amateur Radio mode for keyboard QSOs. domino provides digital chat-mode operation on the HF bands, using the well respected sound card technique. Domino will handle TX/RX offsets and mistuning of 200Hz with ease, and will provide perfect copy of drifting signals up to 200Hz/minute!
The home of NuMorse and NuTest
- Learn the Morse Code. Learn from random text or simulated QSO (contact) sources. Create character sequences that you find difficult. Compare your results with what the program sent and view error statistics. Take simulated tests. Sound card not essential. Evaluation version not time limited.
ComTekk Tone Generator
- ComTekk Software Tone generator for 2-way radio signaling. Use sound card to generate CTCSS, DTMF, tone remote, ANI and more. Synthesizer for simulation and testing of 2-way radio systems, repeaters, remote control, ANI, Paging and more
- HamFax is an application for sending and receiving facsimiles in amateur radio and for receiving public facsimile broadcasts like weather maps. Supported interfaces are sound cards and the SCS-PTCII from Special Communication Systems.
- Program for amateur radio digital communications via a sound card. Supported modes are RTTY (Baudot code), ASCII (7 or 8 bits), PSK31 (BPSK and QPSK) and AMTOR-FEC (SITOR-B, NAVTEX). SELFEC SITOR decoding is possible also. No additional hardware required, need only a sound card. Optionally you can use simple circuit fo PTT-control. Can cooperate with RZ4AG AAlog logger.
[ Hits: 16271 | Votes: 842 | Rating: 7.38 ]
- A free soundcard application supporting PSK31, PSK63, RTTY, CW, and Phone operation. It can decode all PSK QSOs within a 4 KHz segment, maintaining a sorted list of heard callsigns; it can simultaneously decode RTTY via soundcard and an external modem, generates CW directly or via WinKey, and includes a voice keyer. WinWarbler interoperates with the free Commander, DXKeeper, and SpotCollector for transceiver control, logging, and spotting.
- SDR-RADIO.com is a Windows console for SDR receivers and transceivers. Designed for the commercial, amateur radio and short-wave listener communities, the console provides a powerful interface for all SDR users. Many SDR owners have made their radios available over the internet. Just look at the Web Servers page for a list of the radios you can use. You do not need a licence to use this sodftware with RFSPACE, FUNcube Dongles, Soundcard (SoftRock) and low-end SDRs.
- SpectraScope is a simple Windows interface program allowing your computer to view up to two audio waveforms in either the time or frequency domain. The program is a Windows soft panel operating as a dual channel oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer. The useful frequency of operation is 20 to 10,000 Hz in the time domain and 20 to 20,000 Hz in the frequency domain. The program uses the computer sound card to capture the audio input.
- WXSat for Windows 3.1/95/NT, decodes the signals in the APT format from NOAA, Meteor, Okean, Resurs, Meteosat and GOES Satellites (AM) with a Soundcard. WXSat can decode also FM-Fax for decoding facsimile-signals transmitting via shortwave
- Fairly simple way to interface a computer soundcard to an HF rig to operate PSK31. This interface also works for SSTV & RTTY, and has been tested with a Kenwood TS-140.
[ Hits: 2570 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.00 ]
Sound Card Interface by VK6YSF
- Presented here is a transceiver to computer sound card interface complete with automated transmit key function. A sound card interface is simply the audio coupling of a computer soundcard and a transceiver to allow various computer applications that send and receive SSTV, RTTY, PSK31 and other similar modes based on soundcard generated signals.