An antenna for 7MHz local contacts
- This article describes the design of an antenna for local contacts on 7MHz, including a simple and efficient matching system that presents a 50 ohm load to the transceiver.
[ Hits: 2187 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 2.00 ]
Dual Band Dipole 20-40m
- A simpledipole built for two-band operation can be used for portable use and operate 20 and 40 meter bands
4m Slim Jim Antenna
- This 4m Slim Jim Antenna is cheap and easy to build yet it greatly out performs the more usual dipole due to its low angle of radiation. An SWR of 1:1 is obtainable across the 4m ham radio FM band with a simple adjustment.
Folding the Dipole
- Invented by Heinrich Hertz in around 1886, the half wave dipole is still one of the most simple and practical of antennas and still very much in use today. It consists of a half wavelength long centre fed conductor
Open Wire Feed Line a second look
- Put up the longest dipole you can fit, feed it with open wire line, connect it to the balanced output of your tuner and—poof! Instant multiband antenna. Is life really that simple? By Paul Danzer, N1II