Building Coaxial Traps
- This page describes the design and construction materials W8WWV used to build a coaxial cable trap
. A coaxial cable trap
is a parallel resonant circuit that is usually inserted in an antenna element to enable multiband operation.
Multi Band Antenna Traps
- These devices are called Trap
s, but they are actually more like frequency sensitive switches. They are parallel resonant, high Q, tuned circuits which provide a very high impedance at their frequency of resonance.
- ARRL index of document about trap
ped antennas and notes on trap
- This program let you design and performance of 2-band trap
ped dipole antennas including trap
- This program let you design of antenna trap
using length of coaxial line wound as solenoid on a coil former.
- The Coax trap
program computes design parameters for the construction of coaxial trap
s for HF usage. Typically these are constructed from PVC tube and RG58/59 coax