A Cost Effective Current-mode 1:1 Balun
- A cost effective current-mode 1:1 balun can be constructed from a length of coax and a rod typically used for a broadcast antenna loop-stick, some electrical tape, cable ties, a length of PVC water-pipe and some connectors.
The Guanella 1:4 balun
- A cost effective current-mode 1:4 balun can be constructed from two lengths of coax, two ferrite rods, some electrical tape, cable ties, a length of PVC water-pipe and some connectors. This form of 1:4 current-mode balun is named after G. Guanella.
Antenna Impedance measurement
- When experimenting on an antenna it's often important to determine its feedpoint impedance at various frequencies across the operating band. It's easy enough to measure SWR, but sometimes we need to know more detail than this
Analyzing Three Antenna Analyzers
- On this page W8WWV present some measurements he made with three of the popular antenna analyzers.
MFJ MFJ-269, AEA CIA-HF, Autek RF-1
Remotely-tuned loop antenna for LW and MW
- This article describes how to build a loop antenna for low frequency (LF) and medium wave (MW) reception with remote-controlled tuning. The antenna is extremely sensitive and can be built mostly from parts from old radios and tape recorders. Like all loop antennas, it is highly directional, which allows you to null out unwanted noise sources.
- Aeroflex products support the Test and Measurement Instrumentation field; including aerospace, defense, wireless mobile and broadband communications. Aeroflex solutions encompass a full spectrum of instrumentation for solving test and measurement requirements.
- Comprehensive range of cutting-edge solutions for testing, measuring, and analysing rf networks and devices. Testers, mobile service testers, handheld spectrum analyzers
Low Frequency operations by W3EEE
- A squint at the world of LF
This website was initially thrown together to provide ready availability to data being collected from the measurement of a transatlantic LF (Low Frequency) path.
ICOM 746 Temperature Measurements
- The ICOM 746-Pro has acquired a history of NEC 1678G (IC-151) MMIC and driver transistor 2SK2975 failures. The failure of IC-151 appears to be a combination of ESD damage from electrostatic charge on the antenna entering IC-151, and perhaps thermal heat.
BIP Electronics Lab Oscilloscope
- Freeware windows oscilloscope uses the sound card's input to measure signals. This means that the quality of the scope depends on the quality of your sound card.
The scope automatically uses the highest sample frequency available at the input that you select
Sine Wave Generator
- Freeware windows Wave Generator use the sound card's output as sine wave output. A built in sweep algorithm is used by audio hackers to measure frequency repsonses of their amplifiers