Thinking about Ideal Loops
- Loop antennae have been used from ELF to UHF since the beginning of radiocommunications. At low frequencies, the main problem for loop antennae is to have enough sensitivity; the antenna being very small respect to the wavelength the collected energy is also small. To increase the output level the loop may be made resonant, so loosing it%u2019s intrinsic aperiodic characteristics.
KVK Antenna Systems
- The manufacturer of the NuBeam, Vipole, and the multi-band Quad-Folded-Dipole (or QFD for short) antenna. Also have a unique multiband vertical which can combine operation on multiple HF frequencies as well as provide high gain on 50, 144 and 438MHz in a single antenna.
- An engineering oriented organization specializing in the design and manufacture of high performance parabolic antennas, 3dB high power RF couplers, Antenna power splitters, directional RF couplers and more items for RF transmission from HF through Microwave frequencies.
Frequency Calibration for Weak Signal Work
- Accurate calibration of your receiver and sound card is necessary for good results with the weak signal modes in use at LF. Modern receivers with master oscillators that are synthesized to provide all conversion frequencies greatly simplify the process. This article describes a method of making the necessary measurements and adjustments to an ICOM R75 receiver and a sound card, using the ARGO software
- In the VLF portion of the spectrum it is easy to listen to the emissions created by the Earth itself. These emissions are generated by many different mechanisms and are often beautiful to listen to. Coverage on LF and MF frequencies
How to make your ham radio system mobile
- How to make your ham radio system mobilemany ham radio operators carry radios for fun, safety and public service activities. radios for both vhf and hf frequencies can easily be installed in vehicles.
Near-Real-Time F2-Layer Critical Frequency Map
- This map can be used to determine the frequencies that will always be returned to the Earth. Transmitted frequencies higher than the indicated contours (which are given in MHz) may penetrate the ionosphere, resulting in lost power to space.
The map shows the radio auroral zones as green bands near the northern and southern poles.
The Radio Reference
- RadioReference.com, scanner frequency and radio communications reference source, with complete conventional frequency assignments, trunked radio system information, frequencies, and talkgroups, FCC License assignments and maps, 10-Code Lists, agency maps, files, downloads, links, and detailed agency information for most public safety, military, and local government activities.
Radio Scanner Guide
- A guide to selecting Radio Scanners; divides both new and used radio scanners into 6 categories, based on their specifications and features - e.g. analog trunking scanners, digital trunking scanners, etc; provides specifications on each model
Sydney Scanner Frequencies
- One of the best compilations of frequencies in Sydney particularly SW. Include Police, other emergency people, Marine, the entire aircraft list for Sydney, RAAF squadron frequencies, UHF CB frequencies as well as a heap of miscellaneous frequencies like security, shoppin malls etc.
NSW Emergency Service Scanning
- Scanning information (frequencies and talkgroups) of the emergency services in NSW, such as the NSW Police Force, NSW Fire Brigades, NSW Rural Fire Service, NSW State Emergency Service and Ambulance Service of NSW.
Las Vegas Scanner Frequencies
- These are some of the frequencies that you can listen to when you are in Vegas with your radio scanner. Includes metro, police, fire dept.
- One stop site for scanner users in Louisville Kentucky. Frequencies,10-Codes,Unit Numbers,Scanner News and more. Covering Fire,Police,EMS,Disaster,Civilian Emergency,Aviation,Railroad and other services.
- Radio frequencies for Bergen County located in Northern New Jersey
The KB6IBB Utilities for Palm OS
- designed for the ham radio operator or radio scanner hobbyist. It houses four databases that organize your frequency lists. EDACS Trunk - A database that houses the entire EDACS ID table. Conventional - A database that houses lists by channal number. Radio Call Log - A database that allows the user to log calls/notes. Ham Radio Repeaters - A database for ham radio repeaters.
DDS VFO Controller
- Control the NJQRP DDS Daughtercard from your PC. The DDS Controller has eight user programmable configurations. Each of the eight configurations have twenty memory cells for saving and recalling frequencies