- The cubic quad is a very popular way to get reasonably high gain and excellent front to back ratios as well as low angles of radiation for without going to extreme heights. Includes design for 2 6 10 12 15 meter bands
Yagi Element Mounting Considerations
- One of the most important considerations when designing and building a Yagi antenna is the method used to attach the elements to a boom. This is true because the boom influences the electrical length of the elements. In this article JH Reisert explain with drawings techniques on mounting yagi antenna elements to a boom
Copper J-Pole Antennas
- Conejo Valley Amateur Radio Club, article edited by Rory Eikland, KG6HCU and Ken Larson, KJ6RZ, they have had excellent experience building and using J-Pole antennas, and share their experience on planning VHF and UHF Jpole antennas.
Thinking about Ideal Loops
- Loop antennae have been used from ELF to UHF since the beginning of radiocommunications. At low frequencies, the main problem for loop antennae is to have enough sensitivity; the antenna being very small respect to the wavelength the collected energy is also small. To increase the output level the loop may be made resonant, so loosing it%u2019s intrinsic aperiodic characteristics.
- The Pfeiffer Quad was described in QST and has the desirable feature that it is smaller than a standard cubic quad but does not compromise performance very much. The Pfeiffer design is rather difficult to construct because of the complicated linear loading networks required.
New HF antenna HB9ABXpop
- A new, revolutionary design allows the construction of small HF antennas,
which provide the same efficiency as large antennas. This antenna can be built for all HF bands, from 10 to 80 m.
DF3CB BV QSL Management and printing
- DF3CB site, contesting, and software
BV is a professional freeware software for the QSL Management and Label/QSL Printing under Windows developed and distributed by Bernd Koch, DF3CB, since 1989.
It is mainly designed for the contester and QSL manager with high QSL quantities but useful for all other QSL'ing purposes as well. Includes logging features
RACOM - Radio modems
- RACOM is a Czech company specialized in design and production of radio modems and other devices for wireless data networks for radio channels from 140 to 900 MHz. RACOM radio data networks are suitable for data transfer in telemetry & SCADA applications, transaction networks, security systems, IP networks and firts of all mobile tracking and fleet management.
- FAX480 was developed to provide for relatively high resolution image transmission on HF, VHF, and UHF amateur radio bands. FAX480 was designed to bridge the gap between conventional slow scan television (SSTV) and conventional facsimile techniques.
Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
- Automatic identification systems (AISs) are designed to be capable of providing information about the ship to other ships and to coastal authorities automatically.
- The purpose of the APRS-Beacon is to provide simple APRS-compatible position beacons for up to three Objects. It is designed to 'stand alone' and does not monitor other traffic on the frequency. It can use a single-port TNC (in 'native' mode), a single- or dual-port TNC in Kiss mode or the AGW Packet Engine in order to transmit on up to four radio ports.(When running with AGWPE, APRS-Beacon will also work with Windows 2000)
DF9CY Project Auriga
- PA is a JAVA software package containing several programs, SW/VHF/UHF Logbook (imports format from RADIOMAN, VMT), Log conversion to HTML format,
Import and export functions for RADIOMAN, CT RES files, BV QSL Labels, CSV etc.
Internet DX-Cluster support, Keeps track of your worked Callsigns, Checks your worked Grid Squares per band, Databases for worked Grids and Callsigns
Uses K1EA CQWW.CTY country file,
Easy command line version for terminal operation
Moontracking as clock, Pathloss calculation
Packet Terminal Interfaceupdated
- Simple Windows based TNC interface program
Designed for ARES operation, simple operator interface to connect and perform communication functions, control operator programs screens before operations
Both receive and transmit screens Simple Windows based TNC interface program Designed for ARES operation Simple operator interface to connect and perform communication functions
Control operator programs screens before operations Both receive and transmit screens
Shortwave Log (SWLog)
- Shortwave Log, SWLog is a comprehensive logging and radio control program. While designed for shortwave and mediumwave listening, the program is quite adept when listening to longwave, utility, or amateur radio. Support Icom Drake TenTec Yaesu JRC and lowe receivers.
Programming VHF/UHF Radios
- Programming a new VHF/UHF radio usually proves to be a frustrating experience for most new amateur radio operators. A new radio must first be programmed for simplex and repeater operation before it can be used to communicate with local hams.
QRM and noise reductionPriority listing
- You will find on these pages my experiences and results on antennas and local/non-local QRM/noise reduction. Using a broadband vertical active magnetic loop and a home made / designed broadband amplifier. Two vertical magnetic Alford loops are used in an array.
Analog and Digital Signal Processing and a dual phase coherent Software Defined Radio (SDR) are used. By PA0SIM
A 80/40m Direct Conversion HF Receiver with DDS VFO
- Juha (OH2NLT) and Matti (OH7SV) have designed JUMA-RX1, an award winning 80/40m direct conversion HF receiver with highly accurate direct digital synthesis VFO. The receiver is very compact, because it constructed using surface mount components. No coils need to be wound to construct this receiver!