Thinking about Ideal Loops
- Loop antennae have been used from ELF to UHF since the beginning of radiocommunications. At low frequencies, the main problem for loop antennae is to have enough sensitivity; the antenna being very small respect to the wavelength the collected energy is also small. To increase the output level the loop may be made resonant, so loosing it%u2019s intrinsic aperiodic characteristics.
Build your first dipole
- The dipole antenna is an easily designed and made antenna usually used on HF, although can be (and sometimes is) made for VHF and UHF antennas, and in varying forms is also used as part of different designs of antennas – i.e. as the driven element for directional antennas.
Quarter Wave with radials
- VHF quarter wave antenna mainly for scanner usage, The quarter wave antenna is an easily designed and constructed antenna for whatever frequency you want, although with the following design, you may to limit it to the VHF and UHF bands due to the physical size.
- High Performance Lightweight Antennas. The spider beam is a full size lightweight tribander yagi for 20/15/10m, made from fiberglass and wire.
It has been specially developed as a highly efficient antenna for dx-pedition and portable use.
Yaesu FT-817 Portable QRP Transceiver
- The FT-817 is a small 5W MF/HF/VHF/UHF transceiver with internal batteries. Here is an assortment of technical information K6XX put together about this rig that might interest you.
Sydney Scanner Frequencies
- One of the best compilations of frequencies in Sydney particularly SW. Include Police, other emergency people, Marine, the entire aircraft list for Sydney, RAAF squadron frequencies, UHF CB frequencies as well as a heap of miscellaneous frequencies like security, shoppin malls etc.
Receive only processing equipment
- One of our most popular products, receiving preamplifiers are used for achieving top signal band performance in competition operating, low noise longwave reception, repeater applications into the UHF region, or lab use