Copper J-Pole Antennas
- Conejo Valley Amateur Radio Club, article edited by Rory Eikland, KG6HCU and Ken Larson, KJ6RZ, they have had excellent experience building and using J-Pole antennas, and share their experience on planning VHF and UHF Jpole antennas.
Thinking about Ideal Loops
- Loop antennae have been used from ELF to UHF since the beginning of radiocommunications. At low frequencies, the main problem for loop antennae is to have enough sensitivity; the antenna being very small respect to the wavelength the collected energy is also small. To increase the output level the loop may be made resonant, so loosing it%u2019s intrinsic aperiodic characteristics.
Home Brew VHF UHF dual band antennapop
- Contructing precedure and tune up of a dual band mobile antenna. This antenna is just a 1/4 wavelength resonator for both UHF and VHF band. It provides no GAIN as compared to other multi-section design.
Ak-Sar-Ben Amateur Radio Club
- The Ak-Sar-Ben Amateur Radio Club, Inc. of Omaha, Nebraska is a general interest amateur radio club. With nearly 300 members there is someone involved in every aspect of amateur radio. We make a special effort to participate in providing communications support for public service events, Field Day, and teaching classes for those who wish to obtain an amateur(ham) radio license or upgrade their license privileges. The club sponsors regularly scheduled Volunteer Examiners as part of the ARRL VEC program. The club also hosts a flea market in the fall and hosts an all area picnic in the spring. There is evidence of the club as far back as the 1920s and has a long history of community service and promotion of ham radio in the city, county and state. The current club was started in 1945 the club has been affiliated with the ARRL since that time The club has hosted the Midwest Division Convention in 1985 and in 1994. Tthe club has participated in Kidz Explore in Omaha which is attended by over 77,000 people. The AARC is also involved with the radio merit badge program for the Boy Scouts with several members being registered merit badge councilors. The club operates two repeaters under their KØUSA callsign, 146.940 and 224.940. Both repeaters are open for all licensed amateurs to use. The 146.940 repeater is home to Midlands ARES and Douglas County ARES nets.
Slovenian ATV, Repeaters
- Fast Scan Amateur Television (ATV) is one aspect of the Amateur radio (HAM) communication. Includes a map of Slovenian ATV repeaters
- FAX480 was developed to provide for relatively high resolution image transmission on HF, VHF, and UHF amateur radio bands. FAX480 was designed to bridge the gap between conventional slow scan television (SSTV) and conventional facsimile techniques.
ANTA - ATV
- Web site dedicated to amateur television. List of repeaters, frequencies for ATV in France.
WA4DSY 56KB RF Modem
- This is a prototype of the WA4DSY 56KB RF modem. It is intended for use on amateur packet radio networks. The modem generates RF in the 28 to 30 mhz range and requires and linear transverter to convert the signal to a UHF or microwave ham band
Yaesu FT-817 Portable QRP Transceiver
- The FT-817 is a small 5W MF/HF/VHF/UHF transceiver with internal batteries. Here is an assortment of technical information K6XX put together about this rig that might interest you.
- Low (or zero) Cost Accessories for the FT-817 Portable QRP MF/HF/VHF/UHF Transceiver
Sydney Scanner Frequencies
- One of the best compilations of frequencies in Sydney particularly SW. Include Police, other emergency people, Marine, the entire aircraft list for Sydney, RAAF squadron frequencies, UHF CB frequencies as well as a heap of miscellaneous frequencies like security, shoppin malls etc.
ComTekk Tone Generator
- ComTekk Software Tone generator for 2-way radio signaling. Use sound card to generate CTCSS, DTMF, tone remote, ANI and more. Synthesizer for simulation and testing of 2-way radio systems, repeaters, remote control, ANI, Paging and more
DF9CY Project Auriga
- PA is a JAVA software package containing several programs, SW/VHF/UHF Logbook (imports format from RADIOMAN, VMT), Log conversion to HTML format,
Import and export functions for RADIOMAN, CT RES files, BV QSL Labels, CSV etc.
Internet DX-Cluster support, Keeps track of your worked Callsigns, Checks your worked Grid Squares per band, Databases for worked Grids and Callsigns
Uses K1EA CQWW.CTY country file,
Easy command line version for terminal operation
Moontracking as clock, Pathloss calculation
Programming VHF/UHF Radios
- Programming a new VHF/UHF radio usually proves to be a frustrating experience for most new amateur radio operators. A new radio must first be programmed for simplex and repeater operation before it can be used to communicate with local hams.