Build your first dipole
- The dipole antenna is an easily designed and made antenna usually used on HF, although can be (and sometimes is) made for VHF and UHF antennas, and in varying forms is also used as part of different designs of antennas – i.e. as the driven element for directional antennas.
Quarter Wave with radials
- VHF quarter wave antenna mainly for scanner usage, The quarter wave antenna is an easily designed and constructed antenna for whatever frequency you want, although with the following design, you may to limit it to the VHF and UHF bands due to the physical size.
- Colelction of QSLs received from listened beacon stations, it shows a few of the QSLs sent out by NDB operator
SSA - Non-Directional Beacon
- Airport Locator Beacon, The NDB-SS05 is a complete Dual Non-Directional Navigational Beacon system built to ICAO Annex 10 requirements. It is designed for continuous duty, outdoors operation, easy maintenance and is supported by a full complement of accessories and spare parts.
ACARS VHF Data
- The first of a series of articles that provide an introduction to the latest ICAO defined digital communication modes, including VDL modes 2, 3 and 4. In this edition we begin with the current ACARS application then bring this up to date with AOA.