Copper J-Pole Antennas
- Conejo Valley Amateur Radio Club, article edited by Rory Eikland, KG6HCU and Ken Larson, KJ6RZ, they have had excellent experience building and using J-Pole antennas, and share their experience on planning VHF and UHF Jpole antennas.
NCDXF/IARU Beacon Project
- The NCDXF, in cooperation with the IARU, constructed and operates a worldwide network of high-frequency radio beacons on 14.100, 18.110, 21.150, 24.930, and 28.200 megaHertz. These beacons help both amateur and commercial high-frequency radio users assess the current condition of the ionosphere
- FAX480 was developed to provide for relatively high resolution image transmission on HF, VHF, and UHF amateur radio bands. FAX480 was designed to bridge the gap between conventional slow scan television (SSTV) and conventional facsimile techniques.
KØBG's ham radio mobile operator web site
- This site is dedicated to mobile amateur radio operators, old and new alike. Whether you are into HF, or VHF operation, I trust the information presented will increase your enjoyment of our great hobby.
With safety as a byword, there are articles on amplifiers, antennas, bonding, impedance matching, installing hardware, mobile equipment, noise and RFI abatement, wiring, and much more. I do my best to keep these articles up to date, and easy to follow.
Yaesu FT-817 Portable QRP Transceiver
- The FT-817 is a small 5W MF/HF/VHF/UHF transceiver with internal batteries. Here is an assortment of technical information K6XX put together about this rig that might interest you.
- The purpose of the APRS-Beacon is to provide simple APRS-compatible position beacons for up to three Objects. It is designed to 'stand alone' and does not monitor other traffic on the frequency. It can use a single-port TNC (in 'native' mode), a single- or dual-port TNC in Kiss mode or the AGW Packet Engine in order to transmit on up to four radio ports.(When running with AGWPE, APRS-Beacon will also work with Windows 2000)
- ShipPlotter displays complete information about ships that are within VHF range of your position using the Universal Automatic Identification System (AIS).
DF9CY Project Auriga
- PA is a JAVA software package containing several programs, SW/VHF/UHF Logbook (imports format from RADIOMAN, VMT), Log conversion to HTML format,
Import and export functions for RADIOMAN, CT RES files, BV QSL Labels, CSV etc.
Internet DX-Cluster support, Keeps track of your worked Callsigns, Checks your worked Grid Squares per band, Databases for worked Grids and Callsigns
Uses K1EA CQWW.CTY country file,
Easy command line version for terminal operation
Moontracking as clock, Pathloss calculation
Programming VHF/UHF Radios
- Programming a new VHF/UHF radio usually proves to be a frustrating experience for most new amateur radio operators. A new radio must first be programmed for simplex and repeater operation before it can be used to communicate with local hams.