Copper J-Pole Antennas
- Conejo Valley Amateur Radio Club, article edited by Rory Eikland, KG6HCU and Ken Larson, KJ6RZ, they have had excellent experience building and using J-Pole antennas, and share their experience on planning VHF and UHF Jpole antennas.
- The Pfeiffer Quad was described in QST and has the desirable feature that it is smaller than a standard cubic quad but does not compromise performance very much. The Pfeiffer design is rather difficult to construct because of the complicated linear loading networks required.
- FAX480 was developed to provide for relatively high resolution image transmission on HF, VHF, and UHF amateur radio bands. FAX480 was designed to bridge the gap between conventional slow scan television (SSTV) and conventional facsimile techniques.
ESA Portal - Calling all radio amateursPriority listing
- Radio amateurs worldwide are being asked to help collect data from the student-built SSETI Express satellite, due to be placed in orbit on 27 September. To encourage them, ESA’s Education department has organised two competitions and is supplying free downloadable software.
Yaesu FT-817 Portable QRP Transceiver
- The FT-817 is a small 5W MF/HF/VHF/UHF transceiver with internal batteries. Here is an assortment of technical information K6XX put together about this rig that might interest you.
Smith Chart Software
- SimSmith is a highly interactive, real time Smith chart graphing program. Circuits are constructed using drag-n-drop. Load files can be imported from the EZNEC and CocoaNEC antenna simulation software and from the AIM4170 and miniVNApro antenna analyzers. Circuits and load files can be of any size.
Key Features: SimSmith is one of the few Smith chart packages which models transmission line losses. SimSmith also allows the description of circuit elements using algebraic equations. SimSmith has only one screen and allows the screen to be resized to increase workspace or readability.
OH1AA Logging program
- The OH1AA logging program package is designed to handle the book-keeping
of amateur radio contacts. The package contains three separate main prog-
rams by which contacts are managed.
Run under DOS and is freeware
- eQSLMaster is a HAM radio program, that allow to perform various functions using the Electronic QSL Card Centre (eQSL.cc).
With eQSLMaster users of the eQSL.cc system have the ability to upload an entire ADIF format log file (or single QSO) and have it deposited into eQSL central database using LogServices.
- CAT control and logging software project especially developed for the YAESU FT-897 transceiver. Full control of the trcvr, EEPROM modification, VoIP, TCP/IP remote control, macro CW keyer, visual band scope
- STSORBIT PLUS, usually known as STSPLUS, will track the space shuttle or any satellite for which orbital data (TLEs) are available. A brief description of the program and several screen capture examples follow the links for downloading the program files.
- Joe Bijou, WB5CCJ, and Richard Allen, W5SXD, are pleased to be able to provide our users and the satellite community with new Y2K compatible versions of Silicon Solutions satellite tracking software. These programs are free to be downloaded and used by anyone
Programming VHF/UHF Radios
- Programming a new VHF/UHF radio usually proves to be a frustrating experience for most new amateur radio operators. A new radio must first be programmed for simplex and repeater operation before it can be used to communicate with local hams.