A 5 band log periodic dipole array
- Modified version of the Telerana antenna which was orginially featured in the July 1979 issue of QST. The array is suspended within a framework made of fiberglass poles emanating from a central hub with the ends tied together with light weight rope around the perimeter. 10-15-20-30-40 meter band coverage
Dish 802.11 Wireless Networking Antenna
- This antenna modification is for the IEEE 802.11b networking protocol that operates at 2.4 GHz. It can be scaled easily to the 5 GHz frequency used by IEEE 802.11a by simply scaling the dimensions on the feed can and the excitation antenna to 2.4/5 = 48% of the dimensions shown above.
DirectionalBiQuad - Seattle Wireless
- A biquad is a fairly powerful antenna which is relatively easy to construct, with impressive performance for their size. A link greater than 5 miles can be made with a pair of these as a stand-alone antenna and a Prism2 100mW card, provided you keep coax short, and your line-of-sight is clear.
- Google based ham radio search engine.
Only trusted, useful web sites for amateur radio. The DXPORTAL search engine built using Google's core search technology, which prioritizes search results based on amateur radio websites.
- PSK31 is a digital communications mode which is intended for live keyboard-to-keyboard conversations, similar to radioteletype. Its data rate is 31.25 bauds (about 50 word-per-minute), and its narrow bandwidth (approximately 60 Hz at -26 dB) reduces its susceptibility to noise.
W6JOE's Power Box
- This is W6JOE's description of a battery box installation for an HF Mobile rig, which followed a number of messages on the subject on the Mobile - Portable mailing list. Interesting batteries setup.
Low cost frequency stabilisation
- The Icom IC-746 is quite a popular HF/VHF multimode transceiver which has one shortcoming in its standard configuration when used to operate modes requiring good medium-term frequency stability.
Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQs
- Car and deep cycle battery answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), tips, manufacturer's information, references and hyperlinks are contained on this consumer oriented Web site about car, motorcycle, power sports, truck, boat, marine, recreational vehicle, solar, and other starting and deep cycle applications.