- The Cedevita-20 is a hybrid monoband antenna, the result of merging the radiator of a shortened vertical with one element of a dipole. It fits on most balconies and must be hung from the ceiling.
By ik1zyw Paolo Cravero
The Double Bazooka Antenna
- The Double Bazooka Dipole is a very efficient single band antenna which is very quite, and does not require the use of a balun. This antenna consists of coax (RG58) or other 50 ohm type with the shield split at the center and the feedline attached to the open ends
Setting the SWR of Your Antenna
- SWR (standing wave ratio), is a measurement of how efficiently your antenna system will radiate the power available from your radio. In simple terms, your radio would like to radiate all of its power, but can only do so if the other components cooperate
A $20 HF mobile antenna
- A few hours of fun with PVC and wire and
you’ve got yourself a respectable road radiator. The antenna consists of little more than some PVC pipe topped by a RadioShack replacement whip antenna and a couple of coils made from a small roll of #14 house wire.
The 5 Bands Wire-Beam
- This wire-beam has one radiator-element, feeded with 450-Ohm-Wireman-twinlead and needs an antenna-tuner. For the bands 6m, 10m, 12m, 15m, 17m and 20m bended reflector-elements are used.
The support is a cross of 4 fibreglass-fishing-rods
[ Hits: 5240 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.00 ]
PAC-12 Antenna - mobile multiband
- Here’s an award-winning, easy-to-homebrew, multi-band portable vertical antenna designed by long-time antenna aficionado James Bennett, KA5DVS. He’s documented the design and construction plans for a portable antenna that can be built with relatively ordinary components
A two dollar helical hf portable antenna
- Here’s an easily transportable vertical antenna for 20 meters collapsible to 4 feet that costs about $2.00 to make.
This was created as a fun project to demonstrate how to enjoy operating HF in the field with a home-made portable antennawithout spending a ton of money.
Bev AH6NF (YL) made this antenna, tuned and ready to operate in less than one hour
Assembly of the Lightningbolt Quad
- One of the best antenna values on the market is the LightningBolt Quad. At about half the cost of a tri-band yagi, you get five band coverage with a single coax feedline and excellent performance from a light, low wind load antenna.
Antenna Polarization notes
- Antenna polarization is a very important consideration when choosing and installing an antenna. Most communications systems use either vertical, horizontal or circular polarization. Knowing the difference between polarizations and how to maximize their benefit is very important to the antenna user.
[ Hits: 2180 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.50 ]
Antenna Modeling Files
- A collections of antenna models submitted to arrl and can be used with NEC-4 or Yagi Optimizer modeling programs
PAC-12 Vertical portable antenna
- Build the PAC-12 Antenna a multi-band portable vertical designed by KA5DVS, here’s an award-winning, easy-to-homebrew, multi-band portable vertical antenna designed by long-time antenna aficionado James Bennett, KA5DVS. He’s documented the design and construction plans for a portable antenna
- manufacture networking antennas and accessories for 802.11a, 802.11b and 802.11g WiFi (Wi-Fi) and WiMAX applications, including wireless bridging, wireless LANs, RFID and wireless hots spots
- Field amateur radio equipment. Small, lightweight and stealthy antennas. If you operate in the field or want an invisible antenna, you've found the right place. Apartaments antennas. VBWFPA - Vertical Black Widow Fishing Pole Antenna
Telecom Product Profiles
- Telecom Product Profiles is a manufacturers' rep firm specializing in factory direct Nello Towers, monopoles, antenna mounts, shelters, and more. Factory direct Cellular, PCS, and Wireless Broadband equipment such as antennas, radios, and more. Installation, financing, and leasing options available.
KØBG's ham radio mobile operator web site
- This site is dedicated to mobile amateur radio operators, old and new alike. Whether you are into HF, or VHF operation, I trust the information presented will increase your enjoyment of our great hobby.
With safety as a byword, there are articles on amplifiers, antennas, bonding, impedance matching, installing hardware, mobile equipment, noise and RFI abatement, wiring, and much more. I do my best to keep these articles up to date, and easy to follow.
RadioLabs - Radio, Wireless and Beyond
- Specialize in engineering, design and repair of all rf equipment. Dealer for two way radios, scanners, shortwave radios, wi-fiantennas, wifi amplifiers. Based in Fortuna, California.