Comparison of Beverage antenna
- A ranking of receiving antennas based on noise being evenly distributed in all directions. These rankings are most accurate in the frequency range of AM broadcast, 160 or 80 meter bands
Antennas for HF mobile operationupdatedpop
- The following description should give you guidance on how to build a mobile antenna for HF bands yourself, using a very cheap CB-mobile whip antenna base. Antennas for mobile operation 7Mhz ,10Mhz, 14Mhz, 18Mhz, 21Mhz, 24Mhz,28-430Mhz
Effective HF Mobile Antennas
- Effective HF Mobile Antennas Keith WB2VUO, explains difficulties on gaining antennas efficiency on lower bands with mobile antennas.
The dipole antenna
- One of the easiest and cheapest yet still effective antennas to build for shortwave listening
- How to build a roofspace antennas and get them to work. Explains how to build an effective antenna in your roof. Very interesting if you don't have possibilities to setup an antenna in your roof.
Transmitting Antennas For HF Broadcasting
- This paper discusses a number of common used HF transmitting antenna systems and corresponding reference antenna codes. The latter was developed in close consultation with regional coordination groups ABU-HFC, HFCC-ABSU.
How create simple dipoles
- How to create a simple but effective half wave dipole, illustrated instrucions on how to build wire antennas
GMRS J-Pole Antenna
- Build a j-pole antenna for the GMRS/FRS radios. These radios are the type you can buy at sporting goods stores such as REI, Cabelas, etc. There are several radio manufactureres who make GMRS/FRS radios with removable antennas. This antenna can increase the range of these radios by miles!
Batteries and gadgets
- Your source for weather radios, communication headsets, 14 channel radios, M&M groovy radios, smithsonian crystal radio and weather station kits, line restrictors, antennas,ham radio accessories, and battery products.
Getting Started in SW Listening
- Excellent and exaustive guide to shortwave listening offered by monitoringtimes, includes operating guides, technical suggestions, buying guieds, antennas implementations and more, all what is needed by shortwave listening beginners.
- Powerful antenna modeling tool using NEC 2 computing engine. Nec2 specifically provide users, either those experienced with the Nec2 processes, or for those who are neophytes but want to model their own antennas.
Nec2Go uses a simplified process for defining the antenna structure and then providing view of the structure, plots (2D and 3D) and other significant data that is pertinent to the design.
This simplified process uses an edit file with equations for all definitions.
Antenna Noise and Signal Cancelling at LF
- By using the signals from two antennas, controlling their relative amplitudes and controlling the phase of one of them, unwanted signal or unwanted noise can be phased out. Circuitry is described which uses the signal from a wire antenna to provide selective cancelling against the signal output from an LF loop antenna.