- These yagis and groups were designed with YO7.23 from K6STI and checked with EZNEC from W7EL. With a gain of 14/17/20dBd they have a good relation between gain and mechanical problems.
- Whenever you choose a coax feedline, the frequency of operation is a very important consideration. Over the operating bandwidth of the coax the VSWR is low, typically 1.2:1 or better. Insertion loss is also an important parameter. It is usually specified in dB/foot and is a linear relationship.
Yagi Element Mounting Considerations
- One of the most important considerations when designing and building a Yagi antenna is the method used to attach the elements to a boom. This is true because the boom influences the electrical length of the elements. In this article JH Reisert explain with drawings techniques on mounting yagi antenna elements to a boom
Assembly of the Lightningbolt Quad
- One of the best antenna values on the market is the LightningBolt Quad. At about half the cost of a tri-band yagi, you get five band coverage with a single coax feedline and excellent performance from a light, low wind load antenna.
The VHF Dxpedition to Dominica
- Main goals of this dx pedition was test out a MID SIZE 2MXP20 dual polarity or cross polarized Yagis in a field environment and shoot for a record number of EME QSO's using this system
CAL-AV Labs, Inc.
- Cal-av labs, inc. (formerly california avionics laboratories, inc.) manufactures electronic instruments and systems for research and industry. we specialize in radio communications and research/electronic test products. Amateur radio yagi antennas, rotary dipoles, baluns, morse keys.
- Telewave's innovative engineering produces the industry's toughest antenna systems. Yagi, Fiberglass Collinear, and Dipole models are available from 66-2500 MHz. Wattmeters, test equipment,rf power meters, duplexers, filters and cavities, transmitters combiners
Rotating Tower Systems
- Using our components you can build a rotating tower with greater capability than 3-4 static towers. A rotating tower allows common rotation of HF stacked arrays, VHF and UHF arrays, and antennas mounted at optimum heights. Component design also allows tower shunt loading and end support for wire antennas
QRM and noise reductionPriority listing
- You will find on these pages my experiences and results on antennas and local/non-local QRM/noise reduction. Using a broadband vertical active magnetic loop and a home made / designed broadband amplifier. Two vertical magnetic Alford loops are used in an array.
Analog and Digital Signal Processing and a dual phase coherent Software Defined Radio (SDR) are used. By PA0SIM