Antenna Balun and UnunBalun Construction. Baluns are devices to balance unbalanced systems.
- The DC Isolated 1:1 Guanella
- The DC Isolated 1:1 Guanella, transmission line transformer by N7ZWY
[ Hits: 485 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- The Guanella Balun
- An interesting article on guanella baluns that cover several aspects of homebrewing 1:1 and 4:1 current baluns by KN9B
[ Hits: 672 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- The Ugly Balun
- A 1:1 choke balun for 160 thru 10 meters using one continuos lenght of coax to rig.
[ Hits: 5587 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 7.12 ]
- Transformer for Ground-Independent Receiving Antennas
- Transformers theory and calculator of turns on binocular cores. Comparison with toroid cores.
[ Hits: 1165 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Transmitting Baluns
- One of the most popular Ham-lore rumors is a balun's performance can be tested or evaluated by grabbing the coax and watching for an SWR change. This is probably one of the worse test-rumors circulating
[ Hits: 3188 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.50 ]
- Tuner Baluns on Input
- There is a common perception that placing a balun on the input of a tuner causes the balun to work better. The thought is the balun operates with a matched impedance and that reduces balun losses. It also is thought that moving the balun improves balance.
[ Hits: 491 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Tutorial on ferrite balun cores
- Toroid cores, ferrite rods a good electrical tutorial on baluns
[ Hits: 3365 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 1.50 ]
- Using Delta Matching on HF Beams
- Using delta match with HF antennas design
[ Hits: 5436 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.50 ]
- WB6ZQZ 3 in 1 Balun
- Builing a triple ration balun, that match resonant antennas from 9 ohms to 75 ohms with 1.5:1 or less SWR
[ Hits: 6259 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- When and Where to Use Baluns
- Baluns are usually used by Hams to feed dipole antennas with 50 ohm coax and to transpose from ladder line feeding a multi-band antenna to the unbalanced input of an antenna tuner.
[ Hits: 980 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 7.75 ]
- When you need a balun
- Answer to a common question, Do I have to have a balun in my antenna ?
[ Hits: 4675 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Winding style of toroid chokes and baluns
- Dispels myth about choke balun winding method
[ Hits: 9191 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 6.78 ]
- Wire Baluns
- Baluns done with coaxial feed-cable
[ Hits: 1604 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
Search The DXZone.com
Antennas : Antenna Balun and Unun
Balun Construction. Baluns are devices that are used to balance unbalanced systems, from here the acronym BalUn. In antenna feed lines, the balun is often used to balance a coax cable and a dipole antenna
About The DXZone
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.
10M 12M 15M 160M 17M 20M 2M 30M 40M 4M 6M 70cm 80M Active Antenna Calculators Array Baluns * Bazooka Beverage CobWebb Coils Collinear Delta loop Dipole EH End-Fed Fan Dipole Feed Lines Four Square Fractal G5RV Halo Handhelds HB9CV Helical Hentenna HexBeam Homebrewing Techniques Horn Indoor Installation J-Pole K9AY Lindenblad Log Periodic Longwave Loop Magnetic Loop Masts and mounts Microwave Mobile Morgain Moxon Multiband NVIS OCF Patch Portable Quad Quagi Receiving Repair and Maintenance Resonant Feedline Dipole Rhombic Satellite Shortwave Skeleton Slot Slim Jim Sloper Slot Spiral Stealth T2FD Theory Towers Traps Tuners Vertical VHF UHF W3DZZ W3EDP WiFi Windom Wire Yagi ZS6BKW
Recent Links Making a good balun Balun Construction Antenna Balun Switchable MTFT for Wire-Antennas When and Where to Use Baluns
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links