Feed LineAntenna feed lines and coax cables
- Feed Line Currents for Neophytes
- This paper discusses the sources of feed line currents and the methods used to control them.
[ Hits: 239 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Feeder Radiation
- Connecting centre fed antennas, dipoles, yagis, rhombics, loops to coaxial cable, unless care is taken, it is not difficult to end up with feeder radiation resulting in power loss and the radiation characteristics changes
[ Hits: 1655 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Feeder types
- Article descrive the different types including coax and open-wire feeder and waveguide.
[ Hits: 212 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Feeding an End-Fed Antenna
- End-Fed antennas are NOT balanced systems; but neither are verticals, ground planes, discones, windoms, zepps, Marconis, half-slopers, et al. Additionally, the low-impedance antenna port of your transmitter/receiver is not balanced.
[ Hits: 20269 | Votes: 20 | Rating: 7.76 ]
- Feeding the Beast
- Transferring Radio Frequency Energy from Your Transmitter to Your Antenna by Don Keith N4KC
[ Hits: 392 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- G0KSC Revolutionary Yagi Antenna Feed System
- New feed system for the Yagi directional beam antenna, that suppress unwanted side lobes within longer Yagi designs by G0KSC
[ Hits: 1299 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 7.87 ]
- Ground Problems
- Collection of articles about ground systems
[ Hits: 1144 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- HF Antenna Switch
- The purpose of this remote antenna switch was to be able to select between four different antenna combinations The unit was designed to work at RF power levels of around 100 watts by G8JNJ
[ Hits: 810 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Idiot's guide to coaxial cable
- A very beginner's guide to coax cables. Characteristics, detailed comparison of typical coaxial cables, commonly used connectors, and a few words about SWR.
[ Hits: 20845 | Votes: 25 | Rating: 5.36 ]
- Inductance of Twin Lead
- Calculate the inductance of twin lead online
[ Hits: 170 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- L Match ATU for QRP
- The L match is designed for the matching of random and long wires and should not be mounted in a metallic box/case, i used a small plastic food container which was the most expensive part of the project.
[ Hits: 4702 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- LA6PB's split dipole
- A new method of feeding a dipole with toroids.
[ Hits: 3782 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.25 ]
- Let's talk transmission lines
- Don't neglect one of the most important parts of your station!
[ Hits: 861 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- Line Isolator System
- A system view of the line isolator
[ Hits: 1579 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Line Loss Calculator
- Types of coax cable with rf attenuator calculator, line loss calculator form includes an antenna gain calculator
[ Hits: 707 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- Low loss Japanese coaxial cable
- 5D-FB,8D-FB,10D-FB cables offer very low attenuation comparable to that of famous Andrews' Heliax and 8D-FB is almost half that of standard RG-213 for an equivalent diameter!
[ Hits: 882 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- Magic T combiners splitters
- The magic "T" combiner is a very useful device. It can provide equal voltages, equal current, or equal power to matched or unmatched loads. It is not a magic bullet.
[ Hits: 1123 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Making a half wave coax cable
- How to make a half l or quarter l coax cable for a specific frequency
[ Hits: 1303 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Measuring Cable Loss
- Improving measurement accuracy when
low-power analyzers are used.
[ Hits: 645 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.50 ]
- Preventing Feedline Radiation
- How to handle feedline radiation issues
[ Hits: 215 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Remote Control Antenna Switch
- The Remote Control Antenna Switch consists of two circuit boards. The control unit and the remotely controlled switch
[ Hits: 967 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- RF Coaxial Connectors
- RF coax(ial) connectors are a vital link in the radio spectrum. Coax connectors are often used to interface two units such as the antenna to a transmission line, a receiver or a transmitter. The proper choice of a coax connector will facilitate this interface.
[ Hits: 4141 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Rolling your own balanced feed lines
- An article by VE1VQ that illustrate how to home made a balanced feed line
[ Hits: 1599 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Setting the SWR of Your Antenna
- SWR (standing wave ratio), is a measurement of how efficiently your antenna system will radiate the power available from your radio. In simple terms, your radio would like to radiate all of its power, but can only do so if the other components cooperate
[ Hits: 1154 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Single Coil Z Match
- Single Coil Z Match, circuit Diagram and homebrewing notes
[ Hits: 1218 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 8.33 ]
- SWR Calculator
- BesserNet Reflectometer is a fun SWR calculator and simulator Java applet
[ Hits: 3879 | Votes: 24 | Rating: 4.60 ]
- SWR, Impedance and Line Loss
- This article deals with the practical aspects of SWR, line loss and input
[ Hits: 162 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- SWR: Maximum allowable VSWR
- VSWR (voltage-standing-wave-ratio) represents the degree with which an antenna is "matched" to the system impedance. Most modern antennas do not require any tuning for optimum performance. VSWR is one of the easiest parameters to measure and VSWR meters are becoming very popular antenna installation tools
[ Hits: 1127 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 3.33 ]
- T-Match Construction
- The T-Match with its balanced feed point is one method of feeding a Balanced Dipole.
[ Hits: 622 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- The Clemens Match by W9ERN
- Balanced feed with coaxial line by John F. Clemens W9ERN
[ Hits: 558 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 4.50 ]
- The Coaxial Line
- Impedance matching, Transmission Lines, Characteristic Impedance, VSWR & Mismatch and Antenna Losses
[ Hits: 772 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- The DK7ZB-Match for Yagis
- Simple, easy to built match developed in 1995 for Yagis with resistitive loads of 12.5, 18 and 28 Ohm.
[ Hits: 3452 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 6.38 ]
- The Ladder line
- Myths and information about ladder line by KV5R
[ Hits: 343 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- The quarter wave transformer
- A transient analysis of an inpedance transforming device, by W9DMK, in pdf format
[ Hits: 832 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- The simplest phased array feed system that works
- How to calculate "phasing line" lengths that actually work.
[ Hits: 1945 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 6.75 ]
- The Ultimate transmatch
- Usage and benefits of transmatch. A pdf document from a QST article made available for novices and beginners by ARRL
[ Hits: 14751 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 6.10 ]
- Transmission line calculator
- A transmission line caculator Java applet that can be run on your computer or by using your web browser. This calclucator can also be run on your PC by following instruction and download link.
[ Hits: 556 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.00 ]
- Transmission line calculator
- A windows impedance calculator software by VK3UM
[ Hits: 862 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 1.67 ]
- Transmission Lines
- Whenever you choose a coax feedline, the frequency of operation is a very important consideration. Over the operating bandwidth of the coax the VSWR is low, typically 1.2:1 or better. Insertion loss is also an important parameter. It is usually specified in dB/foot and is a linear relationship.
[ Hits: 1174 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Transmission Lines
- Articles on SWR measurements and feed lines tuning.
[ Hits: 1010 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Transmission lines
- Transmission lines and measurement of their characteristics
[ Hits: 418 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Transmission Lines
- About feed lines, parallel lines and coaxial lines, notes on impedance, SWR, Baluns, velocity factor and more by NZART
[ Hits: 504 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Transmission lines for dummies
- Myths and basic truths on transmission lines
[ Hits: 1335 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Transmitting Line Condition vs. SWR Table
- One another useful Table for the HAM's practice.
[ Hits: 1092 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.20 ]
- Tuning Your Antenna
- Getting the best performance from your investment
[ Hits: 1079 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
Search The DXZone.com
Antennas : Feed Line
About The DXZone
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.
10M 12M 15M 160M 17M 20M 2M 30M 40M 4M 6M 70cm 80M Active Antenna Calculators Array Baluns Bazooka Beverage CobWebb Coils Collinear Delta loop Dipole EH End-Fed Fan Dipole Feed Lines * Four Square Fractal G5RV Halo Handhelds HB9CV Helical Hentenna HexBeam Homebrewing Techniques Horn Indoor Installation J-Pole K9AY Lindenblad Log Periodic Longwave Loop Magnetic Loop Masts and mounts Microwave Mobile Morgain Moxon Multiband NVIS OCF Patch Portable Quad Quagi Receiving Repair and Maintenance Resonant Feedline Dipole Rhombic Satellite Shortwave Skeleton Slot Slim Jim Sloper Slot Spiral Stealth T2FD Theory Towers Traps Tuners Vertical VHF UHF W3DZZ W3EDP WiFi Windom Wire Yagi ZS6BKW
Recent Links Inductance of Twin Lead Why good Antennas need good Coax cable Line Loss Calculator Antenna feed impedance Feed antenna through closed window
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links