AntennaAntenna theory, basics,design antenna
- Low reactance multiband center feed wires
- An antenna system is more easily interfaced to a radio when the input reactance at the feedline terminals is low or close to series resonance
[ Hits: 2883 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.80 ]
- Marine corps antenna handbook
- U.S. Marine Corps in PDF format
[ Hits: 4207 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 8.17 ]
- Matching Waves, VSWR at work
- When the radiation resistance (voltage to current ratio) of an antenna is the same value as the characteristic impedance of the transmission line (voltage to current ratio in the line), all of the electrical energy transmitted down the line is taken by the antenna and radiated into space in the form of a radio wave.
[ Hits: 424 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Maximum Usable Angle
- We are all familiar with Maximum usable frequency. Maximum usable angle is the other half of the maximum usable frequency equation.
[ Hits: 146 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Measuring 2.4 GHz Helix Antennas
- It is not very difficult to design and make a helix antenna for a specific frequency and gain. It is more difficult for the serious experimenter to make precise measurements of the finished antenna.
[ Hits: 216 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Measuring Antenna System SWR
- Have you measured the SWR at the antenna?
[ Hits: 214 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Measuring Cable Loss
- Improving measurement accuracy when
low-power analyzers are used.
[ Hits: 650 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.50 ]
- Mini-Beam Geometry Basics
- There is a natural progression of the geometry of
the "mini-beams" deriving from the basic yagi, which in itself owes a lot to the common dipole. By Dick Stevens, N1RCT
[ Hits: 418 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- More Information on the EH Antenna
- How EH antennas works and how it has performed.
[ Hits: 2161 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Multiband trap antennas
- Detailed analysis of multiband trapped antennas with references on efficiency, height above the ground, feed lines and total length
[ Hits: 440 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- No Tuner Antenna System
- Article on resonant antennas systems by KA3MRX
[ Hits: 324 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- NVIS Propagation concept
- Army Field Manual 24-18 Appendix M with Graphics
[ Hits: 2822 | Votes: 12 | Rating: 8.92 ]
- Optimizing Inductors
- While intended mainly for antenna loading coils, this article also applies to other resonant systems, such as amplifier tank circuits.
[ Hits: 467 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Passive antenna re-radiators
- Passive Antenna Re-radiators to function as Q Multipliers
[ Hits: 316 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Phasing of two identical antennas
- Phased Spaced Active Whips and Broadband Loops by WA1ION
[ Hits: 336 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2.00 ]
- Phasing Systems
- Antennas, Standard Delay Line Systems, Crossfire Phasing or Hybrids
[ Hits: 778 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3.00 ]
- Polarization, lines of force
- While polarisation may seem insignificant compared with other considerations in setting up a communications system, choosing the right type can make significant improvement in performance.
[ Hits: 444 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Portable antenna comparison
- Common antennas for portable use compared. A vertical antenna, a dipole antenna an inverted V and a fan dipole all at same height.
[ Hits: 685 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- QEX Ground System Experiments
- N6LF series of experiments on ground systems for vertical antennas. That series of reports was converted, with some modifications, into a series fo seven articles in QEX magazine.
[ Hits: 627 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Quad or Loop antenna
- Information about quad and loop antennas, matching tips, differences on polarization and impedence by PA0FRI
[ Hits: 829 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4.33 ]
- Quarter Wave Verticals
- One of the most useful antennas in the repertoire is the Marconi or quarter wave grounded vertical antenna. Its invention made it possible to halve the length of antennas, simplifying communications, especially at HF and below.
[ Hits: 1655 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Quarter Waves and Velocity Factor
- Coax Velocity Factor in Baluns, Does it Matter?
Test results show coaxial cable velocity factor does not always enter into stub length calculations especially in the world of Baluns
[ Hits: 125 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Radial System Design
- Are the lengths of antenna radials related to the height of a vertical? By N6LF
[ Hits: 737 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Radial systems and ground
- Radial systems for elevated and ground mounted vertical antennas by SteppIR
[ Hits: 2077 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 8.25 ]
- Radiation and fields
- Electric Fields, magnetic fields, electromagnetic fields, losses, fresnel zone, nearfield and farfield
[ Hits: 387 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Radiation and scattering
- Basic antenna theory, Antenna directivity and effective area, Antenna arrays
[ Hits: 2985 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Radiation Characteristics
- Tailoring Patterns for HF Verticals
[ Hits: 178 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Radio - The Easy Way
- PDF article on Antenna of non resonant lenght, line attenuation, the transmatch, baluns by WB5IIR
[ Hits: 264 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Rainbow Antenna Analyzer
- A small and inexpensive measurement device designed to determine antenna performance across the amateur bands through use of automatically collected SWR readings
[ Hits: 6360 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 6.33 ]
- Receiving Loop Theory - N4YWK
- Sensitivity of multi turn receiving loops
William E. Payne, N4YWK
[ Hits: 629 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Restricted Space Antennas Notes
- W5ALT Antenna notes for a dummy dedicated to restricted space antennas
[ Hits: 641 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- RF Measurement on W3EDP antenna
- RF Current measurements on a Long Wire W3EDP antenna
[ Hits: 456 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- RMS power
- How it's misused and misunderstood, and why it's not useful.
[ Hits: 528 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
Search The DXZone.com
Antennas : Antenna
About The DXZone
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.
10M 12M 15M 160M 17M 20M 2M 30M 40M 4M 6M 70cm 80M Active Antenna Calculators Array Baluns Bazooka Beverage CobWebb Coils Collinear Delta loop Dipole EH End-Fed Fan Dipole Feed Lines Four Square Fractal G5RV Halo Handhelds HB9CV Helical Hentenna HexBeam Homebrewing Techniques Horn Indoor Installation J-Pole K9AY Lindenblad Log Periodic Longwave Loop Magnetic Loop Masts and mounts Microwave Mobile Morgain Moxon Multiband NVIS OCF Patch Portable Quad Quagi Receiving Repair and Maintenance Resonant Feedline Dipole Rhombic Satellite Shortwave Skeleton Slot Slim Jim Sloper Slot Spiral Stealth T2FD Theory * Towers Traps Tuners Vertical VHF UHF W3DZZ W3EDP WiFi Windom Wire Yagi ZS6BKW
Recent Links Antenna Basics : Directional Antennas Elevation Angles Designing Vertical Aerials Measuring 2.4 GHz Helix Antennas Electrically Small Antennas 2016
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links