Beginner's guide to ham radioGuides to amateur radio for beginners
- Ham Radio Help Group
- Dedicated to those who are interested in getting started in amateur radio or upgrading to a higher class license
[ Hits: 1050 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Ham Radio Terms
- This glossary contains general definitions of typical amateur radio terms
[ Hits: 636 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.50 ]
- HF Antennas for Beginners - 30 Meters and Below
- An interesting article for beginners that guide new hams to find what kind of antenna to install, evaluating wire aerials, commercial verticals and how to setup antennas in restricted lots
[ Hits: 586 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- HF Digital Communications
- HF Digital Communications for beginners Psk 31, RTTY, SSTV
[ Hits: 421 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- How access DX Clusters via internet
- The purpose of this page is to show you how you can access a DX Cluster via the Internet. There are many software applications available, some are free some are not. Excellent page from OZ2M
[ Hits: 2160 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- How Far Can I Talk With My Radio?
- In order to determine total distance that a transmission may be received by two elevated antennas, we must add together the radio horizon distance of both antennas.
[ Hits: 284 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- How Radio Works
- Excellent slides explaining radio and radiowaves generation basics
[ Hits: 1625 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.75 ]
- How to become an amateur radio
- How to become an amateur radio ? by ON4SKY
Review of general conditions to get licensed, examinations, regulation, CW, foreign calls, and more
[ Hits: 553 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- How To Get An Amateur Radio License
- Provides complete information about how to get a technician-level ham radio license.
[ Hits: 14311 | Votes: 18 | Rating: 6.55 ]
- How to make a Morse Code QSO
- This step-by-step tutorial contains everything you need, not only to survive that first contact, but also to learn to enjoy Code and actually do it well. Even if you detested learning it in the first place
[ Hits: 11988 | Votes: 29 | Rating: 6.25 ]
- How to select a transceiver
- Thierry LOMBRY, ON4SKY, develops in several technical articles the way to select a transceiver. His website includes also some in-depth reviews
[ Hits: 1666 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- How to select an amplifier
- Thierry LOMBRY, ON4SKY, develops in three long articles all you need to know about amplification, and how to seletc an HF and a solid-state amplifier, with pictures.
[ Hits: 5296 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.40 ]
- How to Use Amateur Radio Repeaters
- This article will help the New Ham to be more at home on repeaters and understand the operation and procedures on Ham Radio Repeaters.
[ Hits: 792 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- How to Work 6 Meter DX by W3EP
- December 1998 QST World Above 50MHz copyright ARRL
[ Hits: 1045 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Idiot's guide to coaxial cable
- A very beginner's guide to coax cables. Characteristics, detailed comparison of typical coaxial cables, commonly used connectors, and a few words about SWR.
[ Hits: 20988 | Votes: 25 | Rating: 5.36 ]
- Introduction to Data Communications
- Roger Cooke G3LDI article on Data Communication modes
[ Hits: 349 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 1.50 ]
- Introduction to HF
- A interesting guide to help get started with HF published at Essex Ham
[ Hits: 502 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- Introduction to packet radio
- Why Packet Radio? Could be, You are Missing Something Funm, by Greg Jones, WD5IVD
[ Hits: 4939 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Make an HF station work more effectively
- How do we make an HF station work more effectively? Antennas are the key!
[ Hits: 505 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2.00 ]
- Operating Practice - ON4WW
- A must read guide for all new and old operators.
This document was originally written with the prime focus on DXing and pileup behavior. Suggestions by proofreaders have been implemented; the document is not as narrowly focused anymore as originally intended. It contains hints, tips and tricks for newcomers as well as old-timers. Additionally there are VHF/UHF operational matters, DX Cluster ethics, COPS, Conflict Situations and more.
[ Hits: 2275 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.60 ]
- Operating the 28MHz (10m) Band
- Excellent page on operating 10 meters band by G3XBM
[ Hits: 1930 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 9.33 ]
- Operating Tips for new hams
- Some operating tips, mainly for new hams that may have crossed over from 11 meters
[ Hits: 233 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Parlez Vous QSO ?!
- Simply QSO phrases in European Languages, produced with the assistance of radio amateurs and linguists from Europe and beyond.
[ Hits: 877 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.50 ]
- Programming VHF/UHF Radios
- Programming a new VHF/UHF radio usually proves to be a frustrating experience for most new amateur radio operators. A new radio must first be programmed for simplex and repeater operation before it can be used to communicate with local hams.
[ Hits: 14966 | Votes: 27 | Rating: 6.29 ]
- PSK for Beginners
- Article on PSK modes. PSK for Beginners Has RTTY's Replacement Arrived?
[ Hits: 3524 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Radio & Communications
- Info about many aspects of Radio & Communications. Antennas, signals, frequencies, codes, swr, scanning etc.
[ Hits: 18372 | Votes: 13 | Rating: 3.32 ]
- Radio and Electronics School
- Leran about Ham Radio and electronics, get your licence and learn morse code
[ Hits: 4085 | Votes: 20 | Rating: 8.49 ]
- RARS Repeater Operating Guide
- What is a repeater? How do you use repeaters. A great guide to use amateur radio repeaters incuding repeater frequencies, operating procedures and practices.
[ Hits: 141 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Recommended frequencies for digital modes
- Active digital mode frequency list compiled by Jason Buchanan - N1SU
[ Hits: 3834 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 4.67 ]
- Repeaters Use Guide
- A document about Repeaters what are they and how to use them in a pdf file format
[ Hits: 693 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Satellite for Beginners
- Learn how to start using ham radio satellites for your DX contacts, PDF presentation by Dave Long
[ Hits: 778 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- So you want to be a dxer
- Basic tips for DXing
[ Hits: 1479 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.25 ]
- Split Operations - When and How
- When do you need to go to a split operation ? When the people you are giving reports to are not answering, or when you are not getting your report from the station you are working because of other stations who are continuously calling.
[ Hits: 592 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
Awards Beginner's Guides* Distance & Bearing Grid Squares History Log Formats Logbook Maps Phonetics and codes Radio Spectrum Time Traffic Handling Travelling
Search The DXZone.com
Operating Aids : Beginner's guide to ham radio
About The DXZone
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.
Recent Links DX-ers guide to instantaneous fame Ham Radio Beginner Guide to D-star, DMR, Fusion The HF Bands - For HF Newcomers HF Digital Communications
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links