Radio Frequency InterferenceAbout radio frequency interference
- I have RFI, now what - Quantification
- This article will cover gathering some software tools used for RFI location and removal.
[ Hits: 139 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- IARU Monitoring System sound files
- IARU Region 1 Monitoring System, local QRM, PSK and FSK systems, radars, beacons, scrambles and illegal voice traffic recordings
[ Hits: 838 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Identifying sources of radio frequency interference
- This page describes the results of some tests with a portable spectrum analyzer in attempt to identify the sources of RFI around the house. Radio interference was found in a number of unexpected places.
[ Hits: 606 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Idiot's guide to coaxial cable
- A very beginner's guide to coax cables. Characteristics, detailed comparison of typical coaxial cables, commonly used connectors, and a few words about SWR.
[ Hits: 20882 | Votes: 25 | Rating: 5.36 ]
- Importance of noise reduction in wires antennas
- An old post by John Doty about effects of noise in longwire antenna.
[ Hits: 1534 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Ingnition notes on RFI by K0BG
- Removing noise caused by ignition and injection systems
[ Hits: 231 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Interference Cancelling System
- The use of interference signal cancellation has been around for some time. The idea is to use an auxiliary antenna almost any random length of wire in addition to the main receiving antenna
[ Hits: 1712 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 3.00 ]
- Interference Handbook
- Interference to home electronic equipment is a frustrating problem; but, fortunately, there are several ways to deal with it. This handbook provides a step-by-step process for eliminating the interference
[ Hits: 3876 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- Interferences and filtering
- General information on Filter passbands, interferences, TVI and RFI problems
[ Hits: 1078 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Intermodulation distortion, commonly known as Intermods, is a type of interference that can occur in any non-linear junction.
[ Hits: 443 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- K0BG's ham radio mobile operator web site
- This site is dedicated to mobile amateur radio operators, old and new alike. Whether you are into HF, or VHF operation, I trust the information presented will increase your enjoyment of our great hobby.
With safety as a byword, there are articles on amplifiers, antennas, bonding, impedance matching, installing hardware, mobile equipment, noise and RFI abatement, wiring, and much more. I do my best to keep these articles up to date, and easy to follow.
[ Hits: 4544 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 8.70 ]
- LED Lights In The Shack
- Effects and intereferences caused by LED lights in the shack
[ Hits: 500 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Line Isolator System
- A system view of the line isolator
[ Hits: 1583 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Locating Power Line Noise
- RF interference from power lines is caused by arcing as high voltage electricity bridges a gap to a lower ground potential on the power pole. Corroded or loose connections, cracked insulators almost all of the hardware on a power pole can be the source of arcing.
[ Hits: 290 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Locating RF Interference at HF
- A proven and practical approach to dealing with RFI from grow lights and more.
[ Hits: 993 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Magnets dissipate RF noise
- How magnets can help on reducing RFI
[ Hits: 460 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Phasing out Interference
- Phasing out interference, another look
[ Hits: 329 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 3.00 ]
- Resolving 6 Meter Amateur Interference
- Transmitting operations in the 50-54 MHz range offer some unique problems that over the past 50 years have stymied station owners, forcing them to tolerate quiet hours and hostility from family and neighbors attempting to enjoy other electronic services.
[ Hits: 201 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- RF in shack with vertical and longwire antennas
- Why a vertical antenna or longwire antenna might require a balun
[ Hits: 4582 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.60 ]
- RF in the Ham Shack
- Ham Station Desk Radio Equipment Ground
[ Hits: 516 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- RF Problems and the HF Vertical Antenna
- Are you having RF problems in the shack since you put up your HF vertical antenna? This is a common problem with an easy solution.
[ Hits: 1309 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.71 ]
- RFI from Panasonic Plasma TV
- Plasma TVs produce bright, vivid color reproduction. Unfortunately, no one is mentioning the horrendous RFI that these plasma things put out on HF
[ Hits: 161 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- RFI (Radio Frequency Interference)
- This page is meant to be a resource for hams interested in understanding and eliminating RFI problems.
[ Hits: 561 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- RFI - Intermodulation
- Getting squeaks and squawks from your H-T? Are pagers crunching your mobile rig's front end? Here's how intermod happens--and how to fight back!
[ Hits: 569 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 5.50 ]
- RFI Archives
- RFI mailing list at contesting.com
[ Hits: 576 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- RFI From Computer Networks
- Is your router shutting you down ?
[ Hits: 452 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- RFI Information Page
- This page gives information about Radio Frequency Interference, the unwanted reception of radio signals. You'll find out how to determine what is at fault (the transmitter or the receiver) and what you can do in either case.
[ Hits: 6987 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4.75 ]
- RFI on Samsung HDTV
- RF is causing strange issues on the touch sensor buttons, controlling inputs, volume, channels on Samsung LCD TV. Solution is to disable front touch panel.
[ Hits: 130 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- RFI problem on Samsung TV
- A workaround to common RF interference on Samsung TV LED causing several issues like changing channel, swithcing to demo mode, or changing volume.
[ Hits: 375 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- RFI problems running RTTY
- You may never have an RFI problem when running SSB, but all of a sudden you find RFI creeping into your system when using RTTY. Learn why and how to solve it.
[ Hits: 177 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Safety: RF awarness guidelines
- Although Amateur Radio is basically a safe activity, in recent years there has been considerable discussion and concern about
the possible hazards of electromagnetic radiation (EMR), including both RF energy and power frequency (50-60 Hz) electromagnetic fields. This section summarizes what is now known and offers safety precautions based on the research to date.
[ Hits: 461 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Sci.Electronics : RFI/EMI Info
- Dealing with Computer generated RFI/EMI by Daniel 9V1ZV
[ Hits: 569 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- SDR as a RFI site survey tool
- SDR as an RFI site survey tool. This article will show how a site survey tool was built to use in RFI mitigation.
[ Hits: 153 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
Search The DXZone.com
Technical Reference : Radio Frequency Interference
About The DXZone
The DXZone is the largest human created and maintained library of web sites dedicated to Amateur Radio, currently lists 20.000+ links organized into 600+ categories and subcategories. Ham Radio operators review new sites every day since 1998, for potential inclusion in the Directory, and to evaluate the best place to list them.
Technical Reference :
Alternative Power Amplifiers Antenna Launcher Antenna Rotator Antenna Switch APRS Arduino Attenuators ATV Audio Batteries Beacon keyers Calculators CB Radios Coax Cables and Connectors Components Digital ATV projects DTMF Dummy Loads Duplexers Electronics Filters Frequency Counter Grounding Ham Radio Go Kits Headsets and Speakers HF Radios Homebrew Key Clicks Keyers Lightning Protection Mic wiring Microphones Mircrowave Morse Code Decoder Morse Code Oscillator Morse Keys Pan Adapter Power Meter Power Supply Preamplifiers Programming Radio QRM Eliminator QRP Projects Radio Direction Finding Radio Frequency Interference * Radio Mods Radio Programming Cable Raspberry Pi Receiver Front-End Protector Receivers Repeater RF Design RF Safety RF Signal Generators Scanners Software Defined Radio Soldering and Desoldering Sound Card Radio Interfacing Spectrum Analyzers SWR Meters Test Equipment Transverters TVI Filters Vacuum tube Vector Network Analyzer VHF Radios WiFi
Recent Links Undestanding TV and Radio interference SDR as a RFI site survey tool Eliminate RFI from your Speaker Eliminate problems caused by RFI LED Lights In The Shack
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links