cable length19 links
- Vertical antenna for 20-15-10 m
- This is a vertical multiband antenna made up of several aerial elements lambda/4 length, feeded with just a coaxial cable in French.
[ Hits: 21981 | Votes: 16 | Rating: 5.32 ]
- Squarooka Antenna - squared bazooka for 2 meters band
- Sort of similar to the one of the 6m omni. Instead of using twin-lead, this design makes use of a more or less regular double bazooka antenna (coaxial dipole). Your attention shall be drawn to the available standart literature, such as Rothammel.
In order to "compute" the dimension, Karl Rothammel mentioned that the total length of the dipole shall be 95% of the free-space wavelength. The short-circuit bridges (closing the folded dipole) are to be placed at a distance-fraction being equal to the velocity factor of the coax cable used, which will be 66% using RG-58 or RG174.
[ Hits: 256 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- J-Pole Antenna for 50 MHz
- This J-Pole is mounted on a fishing rod. The radiator L1 is an isolated copper-wire with a length of 281,5 cm while the quarter-wave matching sector L2 is made with 450-Ohm-Wireman-cable
[ Hits: 122 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Bazooka dipole for 70 cm band
- Here is a very simple 70cms dipole from Harald PD2HFE, which uses a single piece of
RG-213 coaxial cable 34 cms in length.
[ Hits: 15202 | Votes: 24 | Rating: 7.01 ]
- A 1:1 Coaxial Balun
- PDF article about a coaxial 1:1 balun, original concept by I4BBE using a quarter-wavelength and the three-quarter-wave adapting sections with the 50-Ohm coaxial cable by I0QM
[ Hits: 43991 | Votes: 25 | Rating: 7.7 ]
- A Cost Effective Current-mode 1:1 Balun
- A cost effective current-mode 1:1 balun can be constructed from a length of coax and a rod typically used for a broadcast antenna loop-stick, some electrical tape, cable ties, a length of PVC water-pipe and some connectors.
[ Hits: 8688 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 9.33 ]
- The Guanella 1:4 balun
- A cost effective current-mode 1:4 balun can be constructed from two lengths of coax, two ferrite rods, some electrical tape, cable ties, a length of PVC water-pipe and some connectors. This form of 1:4 current-mode balun is named after G. Guanella.
[ Hits: 3565 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Coax Dipole Calculator
- An efficient program to calculate dimensions of coax dipoles, or bazooka antennas considering velocity length of different coax cables. Express dimensions in feet/inch and meters/cm. Freeware by VE3SQB
[ Hits: 14843 | Votes: 55 | Rating: 5.23 ]
- How to make a Simple Dipole Antenna
- It is very easy to create a simple 1/2 wave dipole, all you need is some lengths of wire such as the core of some mains flex or even a straightened out metal coat hanger, some co-ax cable and a connector for your scanners antenna input
[ Hits: 3943 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 6.71 ]
- Coaxial antennas
- G3TXQ study on coaxial cable demonstrate that it can reduce an element's length by something approaching the Velocity Factor of the cable
[ Hits: 1223 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Archimedean Spiral Antenna for RTLSDR
- Dodgy plans to make Archimedean spiral antenna for RTLSDR software defined radio receiver. Made of two equal lengths of coaxial cable seems to be the easiest circularly polarized antenna to make that will cover a broad range of the rtlsdr dongles E4000 tuners
[ Hits: 813 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10 ]
- Quarter Waves and Velocity Factor
- Coax Velocity Factor in Baluns, Does it Matter?
Test results show coaxial cable velocity factor does not always enter into stub length calculations especially in the world of Baluns
[ Hits: 173 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Matching with one-twelfth-wavelength feed line
- Matching with a half wave or wuarter wave coaxial cable is pretty well known, but an existing 1961 system to do that with two one-twelfth-wavelength transmission lines.
[ Hits: 491 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Bootstrap coax traps for antennas
- Analysis of an antenna trap where a coil is formed of a length of coax cable, the outer conductor of one coax end is tied to the inner conductor of the other coax end, and the remaining connections form the terminals for the trap.
[ Hits: 1293 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9 ]
- ICOM Tuner Connector
- Many Icom radios e.g.7100 have a connector for automatic tuners such as the Icom AH4. The cable supplied by Icom is of a fixed length 10m and is not shielded. Icom recommends to use shielded cable for any length greater than 10m.
[ Hits: 126 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Audio Cables
- Article with answers to common questions as what cable types to user, cable length, how to join ends.
[ Hits: 214 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Coaxial Cable & Power Handling
- This calculator can be used to estimate the attenuation (dB loss), power handling capability, and transmission efficiency for some of the more popular Wireless Communications and MIL Spec cables at the frequency of interest
[ Hits: 1135 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 8.17 ]
- Measure Impedence of Coax Cables
- This video shows one way to use a scope and function generator to measure the length of a piece of coax transmission line as well as estimate its impedance
[ Hits: 891 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.67 ]
- miniVNA PRO Modifications
- The mini Radio Solutions miniVNA PRO is the only affordable vector network analyser (VNA) I know of that offers remote wireless operation.
This is very interesting because it allows to measure the input impedance of HF antennas installed at height without having to deal with coax cable lengths, baluns nor common mode suppression chokes.
However, to render the miniVNA PRO truly field proof, it requires a number of significant modifications.
[ Hits: 81 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.8 ]
You can try similar termscable length feed line length random wire length cable tv cable, antenna cable audio cable cable and connector cable attenuation coax cable 213 coaxial cable programming cable virtual cable coax cable testing icom programming cable
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links