coax balun39 links
Antennas : Baluns
- QRP Magnetic longwire balun with VHF-splitter
- This Magnetic Longwire Balun (MLB) makes it possible to efficiently use a coaxial lead-in cable with all forms of longwires, T-forms or other types of wire antennas, without the need for an antenna tuner.
[ Hits: 687 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 4 ]
- Build your own HF balun
- A balun is a MUST for dipoles or similar antennas when they are feed with coaxial cables. Many hams connect the center conductor of the coaxial cable to one side of the dipole, and the shield to the other. Wrong!
[ Hits: 1427 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.5 ]
- Antenna Theory : Baluns
- This article describe the principles of baluns when referred to devices used to balance unbalanced systems, like a coax cable and a dipole antenna
[ Hits: 550 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8 ]
- When and Where to Use Baluns
- Baluns are usually used by Hams to feed dipole antennas with 50 ohm coax and to transpose from ladder line feeding a multi-band antenna to the unbalanced input of an antenna tuner.
[ Hits: 1090 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 7.75 ]
- Making a good balun
- The normal way to make a good balun is to wind a core with a bifilar winding about 8-10 turns, and then connect the coax to one side and the antenna to the other.
[ Hits: 402 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Common Mode Currents on Coax
- These baluns are used to attenuate the common mode current that flows on the outside of the coaxial feed line.
[ Hits: 116 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Sorbie Balun and Bottle Choke
- Homebrew a 1:1 balun consistsing of 4+4 turns of mini coaxial cable over a large ferrite core by m0pzt
[ Hits: 604 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
- How to build a Coax Balun 1:4 and 1:1
- An air-wound balun made with coaxial cable can not become saturated because no powder iron or ferrite core is present. In this article author explains and compare coax baluns to ferrite baluns with comparison tables and detailed pictures
[ Hits: 255 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 9.4 ]
- KC0KJF Doble Bazooka
- The Double Bazooka Dipole is a very efficient single band antenna which is very quite,and does not
require the use of a balun. This antenna consists of coax (RG58) with the shield split at the center and the feedline attached to the open ends.
[ Hits: 807 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 4 ]
- W3EDP Antenna
- W3EDP antenna for 16 - 160 Meters, works by attaching the antenna to a balun and use coax to connect the antenna to the tuner.
[ Hits: 1806 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10 ]
- Quarter Waves and Velocity Factor
- Coax Velocity Factor in Baluns, Does it Matter?
Test results show coaxial cable velocity factor does not always enter into stub length calculations especially in the world of Baluns
[ Hits: 150 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- DIY Dual Band 144-440 MHz vertical antenna
- A homemade VHF/UHF vertical antenna made essentially with RG58 coax cable, with a 9 turns choke balun to prevent the shield acting as a RF Radiator.
[ Hits: 436 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The Coax-Fed Windom
- Classical coax-fed, off-center-fed dipole, feeded with a 4:1 Guanella balun
[ Hits: 1036 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.5 ]
- HyEnd Company
- HyEnd is a dutch amateur radio antenna manufacturer. Makers of the popular HyEndFeed Antennas, produce Baluns, bandpass filters and selle Line isolators, coax cables and connectors.
[ Hits: 90 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Balun_cmr Calculate common-mode impedance
- This EXCEL Program Worksheet calculates the common-mode impedance of a 1:1 Guanella (current) balun which is placed at the feed point of a balanced antenna system fed via coax.
[ Hits: 77 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Build an All Band HF Air Core Choke Balun
- The main function of the Ugly Balun is to help eliminate rf currents from flowing on the outside of coaxial cable using the principle of choke action.
[ Hits: 180 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- The myth of SWR causing coax radiation
- There are several reasons that can cause coax line radiation, most of them are related to wrong or missing use of a balun, but none can be imputed to load mismatch.
[ Hits: 664 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7 ]
- Cost-effective ferrite chokes and baluns
- In this article the author describes some new designs of ferrite loaded chokes for suppressing unwanted common mode currents at HF applied to feed lines like choke baluns, but also in the shack, applied to various coaxial, mains and data cables
[ Hits: 151 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 5.5 ]
- miniVNA PRO Modifications
- The mini Radio Solutions miniVNA PRO is the only affordable vector network analyser (VNA) I know of that offers remote wireless operation.
This is very interesting because it allows to measure the input impedance of HF antennas installed at height without having to deal with coax cable lengths, baluns nor common mode suppression chokes.
However, to render the miniVNA PRO truly field proof, it requires a number of significant modifications.
[ Hits: 42 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1 ]
You can try similar terms4:1 coax balun coax balun coax coax arm coax switch coax switches coax test coax trap coax traps sma coax cables the coax tester coax cable testing coax dipole calculator coax loop antenna coax stub filters
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links