Antennas : 6M
- Six Meter Quad Turnstile Antenna
- Simple 6 Metre DX Antenna based on an article by LB Cebick in QST May 2002 on a Quad Turnstile antenna. This antenna is basically two full wave loops mounted at right angles fed 90 degrees out of phase to produce an omni-directional horizontally polarized pattern
[ Hits: 457 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 9 ]
- Making a good balun
- The normal way to make a good balun is to wind a core with a bifilar winding about 8-10 turns, and then connect the coax to one side and the antenna to the other.
[ Hits: 377 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- DIY isolation transformers
- Article about isolation transformer construction to perform optimal impedance matching. Winding the FCP isolation transformer, includes interesting table for Winding Turns and Lengths and Core Configurations for T300 T200 T400 toroids
[ Hits: 157 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- End-Fed HalfWave Matching Unit for SOTA operations
- An end-fed half wave antenna matching unit made of 3:24 turns ratio on a FT140-43 toroid with a 150pF capacitor across the input.
[ Hits: 144 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- DIY Dual Band 144-440 MHz vertical antenna
- A homemade VHF/UHF vertical antenna made essentially with RG58 coax cable, with a 9 turns choke balun to prevent the shield acting as a RF Radiator.
[ Hits: 397 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Icom IC-2720H One Page Operating Guide
- An operating guide for the com IC-2720H VHF/UHF Radio, includes Turning the power On or Off, Selecting the Output Power, Activating Memory Mode, Operating in Memory Mode
[ Hits: 50 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- How to convert Server Power Supplies
- The practice of converting computer server power supplies to make a very high quality high power supply at low cost is attractive. It doesn't normally require any modification to the supply but the hard part is figuring out how to trick them into turning on.
[ Hits: 647 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- How to make a MMDVM Digital Repeater
- The MMDVM is a device that interfaces PC to radios, can be used with a raspberry pi, turning a normal analog radios into a digital node connected to the internet or very simply as a digital repeater.
[ Hits: 99 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]
- Return Loss Bridge
- This Return Loss Bridge has been designed to characterize the input impedance of a receive strip, and the output impedance of a transmit strip
[ Hits: 189 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0 ]