137 MHZ QHF Quadrafilar APT Antenna
- This version of the 135mHz quadrafilar antenna for APT reception is an adaptation from Bill Sykes and Bob Cobey's article Taming the QFH which appeared in the March 1997 RIG magazine.
7Mhz Vertical antennapop
- The secret with this antenna is to install as many radials as you can around the base of the antenna, they can be anything from 1/8 wave or longer.
An antenna for 7MHz local contacts
- This article describes the design of an antenna for local contacts on 7MHz, including a simple and efficient matching system that presents a 50 ohm load to the transceiver.
Super J-Pole for 435MHz
- The Super J Pole antenna is a co-linear vertical consisting of a number of half wave length vertical elements separated with half-wave length stubs (Tuning stub) feed with a folded matching stub by vk6ysf
Antennas for HF mobile operationpop
- The following description should give you guidance on how to build a mobile antenna for HF bands yourself, using a very cheap CB-mobile whip antenna base. Antennas for mobile operation 7Mhz ,10Mhz, 14Mhz, 18Mhz, 21Mhz, 24Mhz,28-430Mhz
Antenna system in a shopping trolley wally
- Multiband portable antenna system edited by Andy Foad G0FTD, consisting of an old cb antenna with it's 27Mhz matching coil, an antenna tuner, car battery and a transceiver
Pedestrian mobile HF antenna
- This antenna allow transmission and reception on all bands between 7Mhz and 28 Mhz. Similar in concept to the Miracle Whip by VK3YE
Pacific Seafarers Net
- The Pacific Seafarer's Net operates from 02:30Z to 04:00Z, 7 days a week, 365 days a year on 14.313MHz and sometimes on 14.300MHz. Between 02:30Z and 03:24Z we perform general traffic handling, and then at 03:25Z the rollcall portion of the Pacific Seafarer's net begins.
A low power 3.5MHz ARDF transmitter
- This low power transmitter is developed for ARDF exercising purposes but of course can be used as super QRP transmitter either. With 1 or 2 meter wire as antenna and a ARDF receiver with ferrite-rod antenna the range is about 100m but with better antennas and a 'real' receiver the range is probably much larger.
- Atpdec is an open source program that decodes images transmitted by POES NOAA weather satellite series.
These satellites transmit continuously, among other things, medium resolution images of the earth on 137Mhz.
These transmissions could be easily received with an inexpensive antenna and dedicated receiver.
For more information about receiving POES satellite images consult the rig site.
Radio QRP - The Art of Low Power
- QRP is The Art of Low Power Radio where the challenge is to operate and/or build AM radio transmitters usinga bare minimum of components, money and construction skill.