Understanding Standing Wave Ratios SWR
- We worry a lot about Standing Wave Ratio (SWR) in amateur radio since SWR is one indication of how well our antenna system is working. Most HF transceivers and antenna tuners have built in SWRmeters. SWR is a measure of a transceiverís output power verses the portion of that power reflected by the antenna system By Ken Larson KJ6RZ
- Whenever you choose a coax feedline, the frequency of operation is a very important consideration. Over the operating bandwidth of the coax the VSWR is low, typically 1.2:1 or better. Insertion loss is also an important parameter. It is usually specified in dB/foot and is a linear relationship.
SWR: Maximum allowable VSWR
- VSWR (voltage-standing-wave-ratio) represents the degree with which an antenna is "matched" to the system impedance. Most modern antennas do not require any tuning for optimum performance. VSWR is one of the easiest parameters to measure and VSWRmeters are becoming very popular antenna installation tools
Setting the SWR of Your Antenna
- SWR (standing wave ratio), is a measurement of how efficiently your antenna system will radiate the power available from your radio. In simple terms, your radio would like to radiate all of its power, but can only do so if the other components cooperate
Travel loop antennasPriority listing
- PA11019 Travel loop antennas, these antennas cover 6.300 to 29.200 mHz , handle 35 Watts and have a packing size of 43 cm, ideal for fieldwork, or mobile operations.
Antenna Selection Made Easy
- This page will help you answer important questions about antenna selection before you talk to a supplier. After reading this paper, you should be able to better determine the most important parameters you need to know for your antenna selection criteria.
Konfabulator - DX ClusterPriority listing
- Freeware windows XP and MacOSX konfabulator widget dedicated to Amateur radio operators, is an easy interface to DX-Summit the ham-radio DX Cluster.
DX cluster spots represents live ham radio communication connections, and are an invaluable resource for amateur radio operators. Users can choose Bands or operating modes like digital emissions, QRP IOTA and more. Spots are refreshed automatically and refresh rate can be set by users, with a minimum of 100 seconds.
FTBCAT Cat radio control softwarepop
- Free CAT control software for Yaesu FT-100, FT-100D, FT-817, FT-817ND, FT-847, FT-857, FT-857D, FT-897, FT-897D, FT-920, FT-1000MP Mark V, VR-5000 and FRG-100 transceivers.
- CAT100 Remote Control for the Yaesu FT-100