W1ZY 40 meter moxon antenna
- W1ZY's 40 Meter MOXON is the product of 9 months of experimentation. The final array is reversible and constructed from No. 12 insulated wire fed through two RF current baluns
T2FD, The Forgotten Antenna
- The terminated. tilted, folded dipole T2FD is a little known antenna that performs excellently. Compact in size compared to a half-wave dipole the T2FD provides signal gain, wide frequency coverage, and exceptionally low noise characteristics.
The Hairpin Monopole Antenna
- Numerous questions have been raised concerning its performance, namely How can a balanced structure radiate? and What is its impedance? This article will attempt to answer these questions.
How to make a Simple Dipole Antenna
- It is very easy to create a simple 1/2 wave dipole, all you need is some lengths of wire such as the core of some mains flex or even a straightened out metal coat hanger, some co-ax cable and a connector for your scanners antenna input
- A "choke" is the common name given to an inductor that is used as a power supply filter element. They are typically gapped iron core units, similar in appearance to a small transformer, but with only two leads exiting the housing
Hula Hoop Loop antenna
- The concept of the "Hula Loop" came after many years of building medium wave loops of varying size, shape and performance. Usually these loops are constructed on a square wooden frame, with wire being wrapped around the periphery
STØRY - Sudan DXpedition March 2003
- On March 20, 2003, we brought Sudan, one of the most needed and top-ranking DXCC entities, on the air with the call sign STØRY (Sierra Tango Zero Radio Yankee). After some 48,000 QSOs, STØRY became hiSTORY on March 31, 2003.
WB7TJD Superstition Amateur Radio Club
- Superstition Amateur Radio Club: Ham Radio events and activities of the Superstition ARC include promotion of amateur radio amongst the public via licensing classes and radio communication demonstrations, on-air nets and discussion, and the December Hamfest in Mesa, Arizona
6-Meter Ham Frequencies
- Alan Muir, VE7BEU, on behalf of the Westcoast Amateur Radio Association,(Victoria) is assembling and submitting the 6-meter Repeater pairs in use to the BC Amateur Radio Coordination Council.
Natural Radio Listening: Streaming Audio
- A page about fascinating Very Low Frequency and natural radio, with lots of streaming audio links from remote receivers. Some experimental stereo pairs around the world.
- PlanePlotter receives and decodes live digital position reports from aircraft and plots them on a chart.
Using PlanePlotter, you can see a radar-like display of all those aircraft around you that are transmitting the appropriate digital messages including ACARS, ADS-B and HFDL.
- Designed to work with all the major ACARS data capturing programs and enable users to get a complete picture of all the aircraft in there database, where they go and what they have done in the past.
- Echo Link client for Linux and general purpose voice services system for ham radio use. The svxlink server consists of a core that handles the connection to the tranceiver. The core can be configured to act as a repeater controller or to operate on a simplex channel
- Information on toroids, binocular cores, iron powders, ferrite
Inductor Design Software - RF toroidupdated
- A free too designed to assist in the selection of iron and alloy powder cores.
RF toroid calculate the location of the Self resonate frequencies for series and shunt inductors.
Simple anti-static device
- With all the wire you have out, you may run into a problem with static buildup on the antennas. This static may try to make its way into your receiver, causing you major problems and damage that can run into a lot of money.