Build a hanging dipole for 2 metres
- Described here is a simple omni-directional, vertically-polarized dipole for two meters. Made from coaxial cable, it can be rolled up and stored in a small container
The full-wave loop antenna
- These omnidirectional antennas offer Horizontal polarization, and about 2.1 dbd of gain. They are much quieter than a dipole or a vertical, have a broader bandwidth and will usually out perform a dipole antenna.
Quad antenna calculatorupdated
- To get the dimensions for your quad, all you have to do is type in the center frequency of the range where you talk, or the frequency you use most and then click the Calculate button.
The Lindenblad antenna
- The ultimate satellite Omni Antenna by Howard Sodja, W6SHP. The Lindenblad antenna consists of four half wave folded dipoles slanted 30 degrees to the horizon, oriented 90 degrees to each other in azimuth, spaced 0.3 wavelength apart
W1AF - Harvard Wireless Club
- Harvard wireless club, harvard's amateur radio or ham radio club. founded in 1909. welcome to harvard affiliates, alumni, prospective students, and their parents, as well recent contacts. information about club getting started radio. confirming contacts qsl. flea market. history.
A new method of radio direction findingPriority listing
- A method of finding radio sources with antennas based on omni-directionality (the less directional the better coverage). Uses energy levels and some sophisticated math (encompassed in a free software download on the site) to find x,y,z coordinates of the fox relative to the center of your antenna array. Can be overlayed on a GPS map to help you locate in real-time.
Radio Sport Canada Zone to Zone propagation
- ZoneProp produces a 40 zone by 40 zone matrix that is updated hourly at approximately 20 minutes past the hour. The intersection between a row and column gives the band on which a constestant in the zone represented by the row is mostly likely able to contact an contestant in the zone represented by the column.