Four over Four for 144MHz
- This article describes the 144MHz horizontally polarised antenna at VK1OD in November 2008.
The antenna uses two identical four element arrays that were constructed around 1970
- Connecting centre fed antennas, dipoles, yagis, rhombics, loops to coaxial cable, unless care is taken, it is not difficult to end up with feeder radiation resulting in power loss and the radiation characteristics changes
The Coaxial Line
- Impedance matching, Transmission Lines, Characteristic Impedance, VSWR & Mismatch and Antenna Losses
G0FTD's experimental INDiX antenna
- This antenna is meant to be hung indoors within a window frame for those who can't get an outdoor antenna erected. Plan include dimensions for 50mhz 70Mhz and 144Mhz
VU2IIA -Ham Radio & NOAA
- Ham Radio & NOAA Apt Weather Satellite blog. All weather satellite NOAA APT images are decoded with homebrew receiver. Setup using homebrew Turnstile Cross Dipole antenna, P-3 500MHZ PC with WIN-XP & WXTOIMG program.
The Las Vegas Radio Amateur Club
- The Las Vegas Radio Amateur Club operates the K7UGE repeaters on 146.94 and and 448.500.
Repeater is located on top of the Las Vegas Hilton Hotel & Casino, the UHF repeater is located on top of the Tropicana Hotel & Casino.
- Resistor Finder is a program that allows the electronics designer or hobbyist to find a combination of 2 resistors that, when connected in parallel, will provide the best match to a desired resistance.
- BeamFinder is a software tool designed to conduct analyses for radio amateurs interested in radio propagation studies. It provides a large 2500 x 1800 pixel screen map of the world which displays calculated results from sophisticated models, dx data and other sources of information
When negative meets positive
- Lightning can be a serious hazard depending where you live in the world. Chances are that if you living in an area where lightning strikes are common and you have a communications antenna, it may be attracted to you.
Lightning Protection for the Amateur Radio Station
- Article on lightning protection for the ham radio station, Lightning Characteristics, Identify What is to be Protected, Establishing a Good Ground, Coax Cable Grounding, Operating Safety by wrblock.