Antenna Selection Made Easy
- This page will help you answer important questions about antenna selection before you talk to a supplier. After reading this paper, you should be able to better determine the most important parameters you need to know for your antenna selection criteria.
Ak-Sar-Ben Amateur Radio Club
- The Ak-Sar-Ben Amateur Radio Club, Inc. of Omaha, Nebraska is a general interest amateur radio club. With nearly 300 members there is someone involved in every aspect of amateur radio. We make a special effort to participate in providing communications support for public service events, Field Day, and teaching classes for those who wish to obtain an amateur(ham) radio license or upgrade their license privileges. The club sponsors regularly scheduled Volunteer Examiners as part of the ARRL VEC program. The club also hosts a flea market in the fall and hosts an all area picnic in the spring. There is evidence of the club as far back as the 1920s and has a long history of community service and promotion of ham radio in the city, county and state. The current club was started in 1945 the club has been affiliated with the ARRL since that time The club has hosted the Midwest Division Convention in 1985 and in 1994. Tthe club has participated in Kidz Explore in Omaha which is attended by over 77,000 people. The AARC is also involved with the radio merit badge program for the Boy Scouts with several members being registered merit badge councilors. The club operates two repeaters under their KĜUSA callsign, 146.940 and 224.940. Both repeaters are open for all licensed amateurs to use. The 146.940 repeater is home to Midlands ARES and Douglas County ARES nets.
- Telewave's innovative engineering produces the industry's toughest antenna systems. Yagi, Fiberglass Collinear, and Dipole models are available from 66-2500 MHz. Wattmeters, test equipment,rf power meters, duplexers, filters and cavities, transmitters combiners
The Radio Reference
- RadioReference.com, scanner frequency and radio communications reference source, with complete conventional frequency assignments, trunked radio system information, frequencies, and talkgroups, FCC License assignments and maps, 10-Code Lists, agency maps, files, downloads, links, and detailed agency information for most public safety, military, and local government activities.
Sydney Scanner Frequencies
- One of the best compilations of frequencies in Sydney particularly SW. Include Police, other emergency people, Marine, the entire aircraft list for Sydney, RAAF squadron frequencies, UHF CB frequencies as well as a heap of miscellaneous frequencies like security, shoppin malls etc.
WD6CNF DSP Filter
- Audio Digital Filter, two bandpass filters, three notch filters, two noise filters
graphical setting of filter center frequency and bandwidth Drag vertical lines on top of signal,
Microphone input, speaker output
Mono, 5 kHz bandwidth
Ballistic simulator Orbit
- Ballistic simulator "Orbit" allows the physical principles of the motion in the gravitational field of the Earth to be demonstrated and learned. You can calculate with this program the ballistic trajectories of the thrown bodies and orbits of spacecrafts and visualize the astroballistic situation on the flat map of the world and on the rotating globe in the real time
- Joe Bijou, WB5CCJ, and Richard Allen, W5SXD, are pleased to be able to provide our users and the satellite community with new Y2K compatible versions of Silicon Solutions satellite tracking software. These programs are free to be downloaded and used by anyone
- A freeware program to dig out weak signals buried in noise, functionally similar to the excellent FFTDSP of AF9Y, but with the added bonus of real time audio filtering of the incoming signals. Just point and click with the mouse, and the selected signal will stand out from the QRM and noise.
Amateur Radio RF Safety Calculator
- University of Texas Amateur Radio Club RF-Calculator. This is a main beam power density estimation program intended for use as part of a routine evaluation of RF safety compliance with FCC regulations
Station Lightning Protection
- This website outlays the basic knowledge, safe design and installed equipment that are employed in the lightning protection system of a US Coast Guard Auxiliary Radio Facility. This should also be relevant to the Civil Air Patrol, MARS, and Amateur Radio stations who provide emergency communications capability for public safety or the military
Safety: RF awarness guidelines
- Although Amateur Radio is basically a safe activity, in recent years there has been considerable discussion and concern about
the possible hazards of electromagnetic radiation (EMR), including both RF energy and power frequency (50-60 Hz) electromagnetic fields. This section summarizes what is now known and offers safety precautions based on the research to date.