EH antenna power lost considerations
- Out of Balance Current or Longitudinal Mode Current in the Coaxial Cable causes radiation from the coax. But how large a proportion of the total power is radiated or lost from this Current?
Charlie's CQ Room
- Ham radio site devoted to classic collectible amateur and military radios,
featuring vintage ham radio color photos and commentary, free downloadable manuals
and pamphlets and links for ham radio hobbyists.
- AR88 is a general purpose communications receiver manufactured by RCA in the U.S.A between 1941 and 1945.
South Orange Amateur Radion Association
- SOARA k6SOA South Orange Amateur Radio Association. Serving ham radio enthusiasts in south Orange County, California. We provide amateur radio training and testing. We support 6 repeaters and have monthly meetings.
RF Cafe - Amateur Radio Links
- RF Cafe is a unique portal of RF, microwave, wireless, and other engineering resources. Vast collection of equations, references and conversions for electrical, mechanical, physical, and mathematical fields.
- High Performance Lightweight Antennas. The spider beam is a full size lightweight tribander yagi for 20/15/10m, made from fiberglass and wire.
It has been specially developed as a highly efficient antenna for dx-pedition and portable use.
VLF-LF And the Loop Aerial
- The article discusses the theory of loop aerials for receiving and how they reduce the level of local noise. A Loop Aerial is described suitable for use on the LF and VLF bands together with a circuit of an interface loop tuner and preamplifier. The discussion extends to the problems of amplifier noise and the advantages of tuning the loop.
Antenna Noise and Signal Cancelling at LF
- By using the signals from two antennas, controlling their relative amplitudes and controlling the phase of one of them, unwanted signal or unwanted noise can be phased out. Circuitry is described which uses the signal from a wire antenna to provide selective cancelling against the signal output from an LF loop antenna.
WD5HOH Regenerative(Regen) Receiver
- This web page describes a small, single tuned circuit regenerative receiver primarily for daylight reception in the 16, 19, 22 and 25 meter international shortwave broadcast bands.