Petlowany Antennas by K6NO
- WorldRadio Article on Petlowany antennas base on this principle: if a length of wire is wound into a spiral-shaped coil and excited by a radio frequency current connected to the innermost portion of the coil, it will then, and only then, exhibit RF characteristics that closely approximate those of a resonant linear wire of the same length
Trapped dipole for 80 and 40 m
- This article explores a theoretical model for the losses of an 80m / 40m trapped inverted V dipole antenna system using a bootstrap coax trap, but does not examine the pattern of the antenna.
Practical Guanella 1:1 balun
- This article proposes a lossy transmission line model of a practical Guanella 1:1 balun that is effective for all frequencies within and immediately adjacent to the pass band
- GlobalTuners provides access to remotely controlled radio receivers over the internet. You can listen to ham radio, shortwave radio, air traffic control, airband, ACARS, airports and much more. Tune remotely controlled receivers from all over the world with your browser and listen live.
- Transmission Line Details. This utility program shows the impedance and SWR at both ends of a transmission line and the details of power loss in the line. It includes characteristics for over 40 built-in line types. You can modify these values to see how small changes affect the results or to specify custom lines. All program inputs may be changed directly or you can use spin buttons to make the changes. If you are using a moderately fast computer you can hold down a spinner and "watch the movie" on the charts as the results are recomputed. By AC6LA
BIP Electronics Lab Oscilloscope
- Freeware windows oscilloscope uses the sound card's input to measure signals. This means that the quality of the scope depends on the quality of your sound card.
The scope automatically uses the highest sample frequency available at the input that you select
- ScopePar turns your old PC into a multi-channel oscilloscope, the user-interface to which is SeriCon on Windows PC.
SPLAT! for Windows
- This free software is useful for visualizing terrain and performing Longley-Rice path loss and coverage prediction using the Irregular Terrain Model.
A Windows port of the Linux-based SPLAT by John Magliacane.