Amateur Radio, Scanner & Linux blog
- My place in cyberspace for thinking out loud about the Three Rivers Area Montioring Association and its Sunday evening Pittsburgh Area Scanner Net as well as ham radio and the Linux operating system
- PACTOR can be viewed as a combination of two earlier digital modes, packet radio and AMateur Teleprinting Over Radio (AMTOR). PACTOR provides improved throughput because its transmission speed adapts to the quality of the link and it uses Huffman compressed characters.
- Q15X25 is a packet modem with a KISS/AX.25 interface designed for HF transmission of AX.25 packets and TCP/IP using Automatic Repeat reQuest (ARQ) and forward error correction (FEC).
WA4DSY 56KB RF Modem
- This is a prototype of the WA4DSY 56KB RF modem. It is intended for use on amateur packet radio networks. The modem generates RF in the 28 to 30 mhz range and requires and linear transverter to convert the signal to a UHF or microwave ham band
- The purpose of the APRS-Beacon is to provide simple APRS-compatible position beacons for up to three Objects. It is designed to 'stand alone' and does not monitor other traffic on the frequency. It can use a single-port TNC (in 'native' mode), a single- or dual-port TNC in Kiss mode or the AGW Packet Engine in order to transmit on up to four radio ports.(When running with AGWPE, APRS-Beacon will also work with Windows 2000)
- SignalGen is a free (GPL) Linux (Xwindows GUI-based) utility that generates relatively low frequency signals with the use of a PC sound card. It is an entirely suitable replacement for a hardware signal generator if one doesn't require signals of a frequency higher than about 50 KHz. SignalGen creates any frequency between a fraction of one Hertz and an upper limit determined by your sound card's capabilities.
CQiNet, linking Ham Radio
- CQiNet is a family of programs that combine Ham Radio with the Internet using Voice over IP (VoIP) technology. Two programs are currently in the family, "theBridge" and echoLinux.
Thebridge is a iLink/EchoLink compatable conference bridge that runs under various versions of Unix as well as Windows.
EchoLinux is a EchoLink client program for the Linux operating system.
AI9NL - Harv's Hamshack Hack
- Harv's Hamshack Hack. A remaster of the KNOPPIX distro for Amateur Radio Operators (Hams) who have no prior experience with Linux. Provides a complete OS, software for hobby, web, and word tasks. All contained in an .iso file ready to burn to CD.
- TurboLog is a station management and logging program for the discerning radio amateur / hamradio operator. Besides powerful database and logging functions there is a fully integrated support for the control of typical radio station equipment, e.g. Transceivers, Packet radio, Morse and voice keyer, Digital modes terminal, Antenna switching, Acoustic alerting, and more
Baudline signal analyzer
- A Linux based FFT spectrum analyzer designed for time-frequency browsing and scientific data visualization. Oscilloscope waveform, statistical histogram, accumulated spectral trace,Weak Signal reception, continuos data logging, FFT Analyzer and specialized measurement windows.
- The multiuser/multitasking BPQ Packet Terminal Driver program is a general purpose communications package for communicating with a packet TNC or Baycom modem attached to your IBM-PC/clone in conjunction with the BPQ Node software.
Packet Terminal Interface
- Simple Windows based TNC interface program
Designed for ARES operation, simple operator interface to connect and perform communication functions, control operator programs screens before operations
Both receive and transmit screens Simple Windows based TNC interface program Designed for ARES operation Simple operator interface to connect and perform communication functions
Control operator programs screens before operations Both receive and transmit screens
- Easyterm for Windows(3.xx and above) is a sophisticated commercial application written for the amateur operator who wants to utilize all of the features of the AEA, HAL, Kantronics or SCS (PTC-II) modems from Packet to AMtor, PACTOR, PACTOR-II(PTC-II), GTor(Kam+), Clover(HAL) or PSK31 (PTC-II).
- PetitTrack is a satellite tracker for the Sharp Zaurus SL-5x00 Linux PDAs. PetitTrack is based on the keplerian propagator algorithm used in kd2bd's Predict software.
- Satellite Tracking/Orbital Prediction Program an open-source, multi-user satellite tracking and orbital prediction program written under the Linux operating system by John A. Magliacane, KD2BD. PREDICT is free software