How to make a Simple Dipole Antenna
- It is very easy to create a simple 1/2 wave dipole, all you need is some lengths of wire such as the core of some mains flex or even a straightened out metal coat hanger, some co-ax cable and a connector for your scanners antenna input
- W7mot is the official site for marca, inc. marca is an organization for amateurs radio enthusiasts who are interested in sharing and persuing thier interests in the field of rf. marca has members primarily located in arizona with members from the greater phonex, scottsdale, mesa, chandler, gilbert, and tempe areas.
The ElectraSlide Antenna
- Modification of the DK3 design by Don Johnson, W6AAQ. No voltage dropping, operates on the full 12 volts. The control switch and the matching toroid are supplied. All you need is a standard 3/8 by 24 thread ballmount, 2 wire sheilded microphone cable for control wiring, and a CB whip cut to resonance.
- Freeware windows program for programming the Uniden SC230, BC246T, BC330T, BCD396, BC15T and BCD996T scanners. FreeSCAN allows to download and uploading programming, remote control the scanner, log hits, and supports printing out of systems and groups.
Batteries and QRP
- Thanks to the popularity of cell phones, laptops and other personal electronic devices, the battery industry has been market-driven to produce higher capacity batteries in lighter weights than previously possible with yesterday's chemistries.As a result, a wide variety of battery types are available to the outdoor QRP operator.