The Hairpin Monopole Antenna
- Numerous questions have been raised concerning its performance, namely How can a balanced structure radiate? and What is its impedance? This article will attempt to answer these questions.
Folding J-Pole Antenna
- Also known as the Backpacker's Delight Antenna. This Folding J Pole Antenna is the original design of Mike Heiler KAĜZLG and was featured on the Front Cover of the March 2005 QST Magazine.
The 3-D Folded Loop Antenna
- This article will introduce you to an antenna author call the 3-Dimensional Folded Loop. This
antenna is the result of his continuing efforts to compact full-size antennas by folding and
bending the elements. A one-wavelength loop that is reduced in height and width by being folded into three dimensions.
The VHF Quagi
- There have been many half-hearted attempts to combine a Yagi and a Quad. Most have produced questionable results. Well, here are the "true" facts, the real dope, the hot scoop. K6YNB in QST April 1977
Sights and Sounds of Digital Signals
- Preview the waterfall signature of various digital signals and listen to the sound of the digital modes. Learn about the bandwidth requirements and why a linear transmitter path is critical to successful and correct use of many modes on the amateur bands by W1HKJ