Home Brew VHF UHF dual band antennapop
- Contructing precedure and tune up of a dual band mobile antenna. This antenna is just a 1/4 wavelength resonator for both UHF and VHF band. It provides no GAIN as compared to other multi-section design.
- The Pfeiffer Quad was described in QST and has the desirable feature that it is smaller than a standard cubic quad but does not compromise performance very much. The Pfeiffer design is rather difficult to construct because of the complicated linear loading networks required.
Sarasota County Auxiliary Communications Service,
- The Sarasota County Auxiliary Communications Service, ACS, (Formerly Sarasota County ARES, RACES) is a program created to provide emergency communications for the Red Cross and Sarasota County Emergency Management.
Chelan-Douglas RACES Group
- The Chelan-Douglas Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services (RACES) Group provides emergency communications services in times of need to requesting agencies throughout North Central Washington State.
Chelan-Douglas RACES is hosted jointly by both Chelan and Douglas County Emergency Management. The group is composed of registered Washington State Emergency Workers who hold an Amateur Class Radio License. All members are volunteers who have other primary jobs, and donate their spare time upon request to support emergency operations.
- Jason is a weaksignal communication program, especially tailored for LF work.
- DOS Freeware, DSPBOX is an attempt to code the Texas Instruments DSK 'C50 in such a way
to make it behave like a commercial DSP noise reduction unit, like the
NIR-12, the TimeWave 599+ and others. Not only the noise reduction function
has been implemented, but automatic notch, AGC and Band Pass have as well.
- MorseMaker is an up-to-date replacement for the Morse Machine shown further down this page. It has been re-written using a different programming language and is now entirely 'stand-alone' requiring no run-time support files. This version also works with Windows XP and can use the soundcard but please note that, unlike its predecessor, it does not split the alphabet into smaller 'learning' blocks and does not incorporate the Morse reader.
QRM and noise reductionPriority listing
- You will find on these pages my experiences and results on antennas and local/non-local QRM/noise reduction. Using a broadband vertical active magnetic loop and a home made / designed broadband amplifier. Two vertical magnetic Alford loops are used in an array.
Analog and Digital Signal Processing and a dual phase coherent Software Defined Radio (SDR) are used. By PA0SIM