Polarization, lines of force
- While polarisation may seem insignificant compared with other considerations in setting up a communications system, choosing the right type can make significant improvement in performance.
Solar Cycle Progression
- The charts on this page depict the progression of the Solar Cycle. The charts and tables are updated by the Space Weather Prediction Center monthly using the latest ISES predictions
IC-746PRO TX Problem
- The IC-746PRO is a great rig. But it has a few reliability issues, especially with the earlier-production units. This article addresses four problem areas:. IC151 on the RF Unit.
Driver circuit on the PA Unit. HRX-muting circuit on the CTRL Unit. Predriver on the PA Unit.
- Resistor Finder is a program that allows the electronics designer or hobbyist to find a combination of 2 resistors that, when connected in parallel, will provide the best match to a desired resistance.
5th order High Pass VHF Filter
- Sometimes many VHF-UHF modern transceivers have problems with BROADCAST Interference and CROSS-modulation from FM commercial broadcast stations this article shows a simple Batteworth HI-Pass VHF Filter to reduce this problem