Magnetic Loop Antenna Experiments
- Building a magnetic loop antenna feels more like a small plumbing project as the principle building materials consists of copper water pipe and fittings that must be soldered ("sweated") together. Full details drawing and details here.
Zlog for windows
- zLog for Windows is a freeware full-featured contest logging software that runs on Windows. It supports major international and domestic (JA) contests and is customizable to many other contests not directly supported by zLog. Features include CW keying via parallel/serial/USB interfaces, highly sophisticated TCP/IP network that allows instant synchronization of a log of an M/M station, rig control, PacketCluster connenction. By JJ1MED/AD6AJ
Amateur Radio Emergency Service
- "ARES trains and organizes Hams to provide emergency communications to ""Served Agencies"" such as FEMA, National Weather Service, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Hospitals, and others. This site describes ARES goals and methods and structure."
W8MHB U.S. Amateur Radio Practice Exams
- "Interactive online practice exams, printable practice exams, interactive searching and browsing of the question pools; Free, no advertising, no registration required"
QRZ.RU Russian HamRadio Server
- Free Russian hamradio server special for radiofanats from CIS. Search engine on callsigns, electronic circuits and hamradio programs in www powered with knowledge base.
VR2HF Online Yaesu FT-817popPriority listing
- Online Yaesu FT-817 transceiver (receive only over the Net) using R.A.T.S. control software and MS Netmeeting for program access and audio. Asia's first online receiver, first online FT-817, and worlds first full-featured online receiver (operates just like a desktop radio including audio encoding time of less than 1 second). Operating from a flat in Kowloon, Hong Kong. Open to all.
- A free application that captures DX and WWV spots from up to 5 internet clusters and a local packet cluster. DX Spots are merged and stored in a Spot Database on your PC, enabling you to monitor, sort, and filter them in real time; known LotW participants are highlighted, as are needed stations. WWV spots are plotted to show SFI, A, and K over the last solar revolution.
- Xastir is program for receiving and plotting APRS™ position packets. Development is a collaborative effort of programmers and amateur radio enthusiasts from around the world. Xastir supports many map formats and is highly customizable.
Xastir runs on Windows/MacOSX/Linux/FreeBSD/Solaris/Lindows. It supports 125 map formats, several types of TNC's and weather stations, Festival speech synthesizer, AX.25 networking (Soundmodem/Baycom/SCC!) and seven languages!.
SeaTTY RTTY/NAVTEX decoder
- Program to receive weather reports and navigational warnings transmitted on longwave and shortwave bands in RTTY and NAVTEX modes. None additional hardware is required - your need only receiver and computer with a sound card.