How to build a tuned loop antennapop
- How can you vastly improve your Medium Wave reception? its quite simple really, all you need is 120 foot of wire, a few lengths of timber and an old tuning capacitor with which you can build the answer to every DX'ers prayers, a tuned loop antenna.
Scanrec Scanner Recorder
- Scanner Recorder (Scanrec) is a free audio recorder that is primarily designed to record speech. It has a VOX control that allows the user to save disk space when no sound is present in the signal. Since FM communications has such an effective squelch, the recorder works best with FM. HF ham bands and World Band radio have such a poor signal to noise ratio that the VOX gate on Scanrec might not be very easy to set.
- Freeware real-time, schedule of the transmitting times, frequencies, short-path and long-path beam headings
- BeaconSee shows you, in real time, worldwide HF band openings on your PC. Analyses the audio signals from your radio, which is tuned to the NCDXF IARU HF beacon network and shows you the signal strength received from each of the 18 beacon transmitters as a plot of frequency spectrum against time.
- Stream is a software that implements MFSK16 and MFSK8 modes designed by me and Murray Greenman ZL1BPU. It also offers a series of experimental modes based on FEC, interleaving and several modulation techniques (PSK, QPSK, MSK, &c.).
- APRS™ for Linux is a multifaceted system for use with packet radio by Hams, it allows the monitoring of real time geographical information such as the position of vehicles, the status of weather, radio direction finding and much much more. It envolves mapping, GPS tracking, packet radio, etc
K6XX Amateur Radio articles
- An assortment of Amateur Radio-related technical articles written for the JUG, the newsletter of the Northern California Contest Club. Topics include unique but simple and useful radio modifications and accessories, and rig reviews.