K0FF's 6 meter SLOOP antenna
- It is more or less omni-directional, and horizontally polarized, it's just a dipole folded around on itself, and supported at the far (open) end with a plastic insulator.
Build a Basic Beverage Antenna
- Basically the Beverage is a travelling wave antenna made of a length of wire a small height (relative to the wavelength of interest) above earth. It can be terminated for unidirectional reception or left unterminated for bi-directional reception.
1.8 to 21 Mhz Magnetic Loop antenna
- Magnetic loops are a compromise antenna and performance will be down on a full size-wire antenna particurlarly on lower HF Bands. This article compare this magnetic loop with a full-sized wire antenna on 80 meters by VK3YE
BiQuad Antenna for 144/440
- This is a vertically polarized Broadside and Collinear Array each Loop is a vertically polarized Broadside Array both the right and the left side of the Loop is a bent 1/2 wave dipole working 180 degrees out of phase with the other one and that gives you 4.15dbi of gain by KE4UYP
Build a Tuned Loop
- How can you vastly improve your Medium Wave reception? its quite simple really, all you need is 120 foot of wire, a few lengths of timber and an old tuning capacitor with which you can build the answer to every DX'ers prayers, a tuned loop antenna.
DCTL Antennas and other compact antennas
- The Distributed Capacitance Twisted Loop is an inexpensive, effective, resonant alternative that can fit in a 8' tall by 12' or so wide space, like a wall, or balcony, even on 80 meters. 160 meters from an apartment, a full wave look and a cage dipole
The Kamloops Amateur Radio Club
- The Kamloops Amateur Radio Club is a non-profit organization that has been incorporated under the Society Act.
Our organization has been building and maintaining a network of Amateur Radio mountain top repeaters to enable voice and digital communications between a number of interior communities for many years.
WB7TJD Superstition Amateur Radio Club
- Superstition Amateur Radio Club: Ham Radio events and activities of the Superstition ARC include promotion of amateur radio amongst the public via licensing classes and radio communication demonstrations, on-air nets and discussion, and the December Hamfest in Mesa, Arizona
Olivia, the Magic Digital Mode
- Olivia MFSK digital communications are becoming popular in amateur radio because Olivia is one of the most robust methods of text keyboarding, that can perform superbly for long distance communications. Olivia frequencies, format and software
mikroElektronika books : Radio receivers
- Radio Receivers, from crystal set to stereo, free online ebook including, principles of radio transmission, direct radio receivers and superheterodyne receivers