Comparison of Beverage antenna
- A ranking of receiving antennas based on noise being evenly distributed in all directions. These rankings are most accurate in the frequency range of AM broadcast, 160 or 80 meter bands
160/80m Coaxial Receiving Loop Antennaspop
- Receiving loop antenna for top band. This antenna allow to reduce noise on both bands. The stand alone 80m loop is approximately four feet in diameter. And made of light weight material. Which makes it ideal for portable use or you can mount it above a pre-existing vhf antenna, and due to it's small size it is quite rotatable.
The Multi-Band Fan Dipole
- How to build a multi-band dipole antenna with a single coax feed.
Instructions for a 160M antenna that will fit in the space that a 75M dipole will with almost as good of results as a full size 160M dipole!
Broadband receiving antenna matching
- This article addresses the subject of obtaining the best signal transfer from an antenna to the
typical 50-ohm receiver input over a wide frequency range, with emphasis on medium-wave
(500 – 2000 kHz), encompassing the standard AM broadcast band and the 160-m amateur band.
Half square antenna
- The elevated half square antenna is a very simple antenna that can be constructed from common materials yet gives significant improvement over a dipole at the same elevation. Ground mounted versions of this antenna are commonly used in amateur radio for 75/80 and 160meter bands
UN DX Contest 2010
- The Kazakhstan Federation of Radio sport and Radio amateur (KFRR) and Ministry of Tourism and Sport of the Republic of Kazakhstan are announcing the First UN DX CONTEST
All world-wide radio amateurs having the amateur radio licence are invited to participation.
Contest period: 12.00 UTC 22 May – 12.00 UTC 23 May 2010
Bands: 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m.
Modes: CW and SSB
- This is a Ham Radio Software Transceiver for Amateur Radio. Software works in Windows, Mac and Linux. HamSphere is a community for Ham Radio operators and other radio enthusiasts. Amateur radio equipment is not needed. The Transceiver uses java technology and covers all virtual Ham Radio and Amateur radio bands from160 to 6 meters.