KK5BL How To Build A G5RV Antennapop
- How to build a G5RV Transmitting antenna
Originally posted to the packet bbs system by KC6CFF. The G5RV is an easy-to-build 80-10 dipole requiring no traps. All bands are covered, including 30, 17, and 12. The G5RV has high SWR, by design, on most bands and a tuner is required
EH antenna power lost considerations
- Out of Balance Current or Longitudinal Mode Current in the Coaxial Cable causes radiation from the coax. But how large a proportion of the total power is radiated or lost from this Current?
On the EH antenna
- EH antenna iformations in this PDF file from antennex web site, By John S. (Jack) Belrose, VE2CV
EH antennas and CFA antenna
- Many antennas function because of common mode currents, rather than working in spite of them. Two popular examples are CFA and EH antennas. Another recent example, appearing in Antennex's compact antenna articles, is a thick stub "vertical" with no counterpoise.
G5RV multi-band antenna
- Multi-band centre-fed antenna capable of very efficient operation on all HF bands, specifically designed with dimensions which allow it to be installed in gardens and other open spaces which accommodate a reasonably-straight run of 31.1m (102 ft) for the flat-top standard model.
The G5RV Antenna System Re-Visited
- The original G5RV antenna system consists of a center-fed horizontal 102' wire plus a 34' length of open-wire 525-Ohm feeder. Louis Varney, the antenna system's developer, intended two other features. Learn more at Cebik website
The G5RV patterns
- G5RV detailed antenna patterns and 3D plots setting it up as inverted V with a different angle, compared to horizontal way.
- Measurements and characteristics of a G5RV Antenna, including effect of the transmission line as part of the antenna and contributes in a large way to it's multi band characteristics
Yahoo! Groups : eh-antenna
- This group has been created to promote discussion relating to the EH Antenna. There should be many with experience with the EH Antenna, so don't be shy about asking questions on construction and efficiency.
- High Performance Lightweight Antennas. The spider beam is a full size lightweight tribander yagi for 20/15/10m, made from fiberglass and wire.
It has been specially developed as a highly efficient antenna for dx-pedition and portable use.