50MHz J-Pole Antennapop
- Need a general purpose antenna on the magic band? The J-Pole is an easy-to-build and inexpensive device that provides an omni-directional vertically polarised antenna without the need for a ground plane. In technical terms, it is an end fed vertical 1/2 wave which is fed via a 1/4 wave matching stub.
Build a hanging dipole for 2 metres
- Described here is a simple omni-directional, vertically-polarized dipole for two meters. Made from coaxial cable, it can be rolled up and stored in a small container
- The J-Pole antenna is an omnidirectional antenna that can be used for base, mobile and field day stations. It does not need a ground plane, radials or a complicated matching system. The J-Pole can be cheaply, simply and quickly constructed using a variety of techniques, some of which are discussed in this article.
The full-wave loop antenna
- These omnidirectional antennas offer Horizontal polarization, and about 2.1 dbd of gain. They are much quieter than a dipole or a vertical, have a broader bandwidth and will usually out perform a dipole antenna.
- Austin Antenna employs leading-edge antenna technology in the production of the highest performance antennas currently available. Marine Antenna, Multi-band Mobile, Point-to-Point, Base Station, Wide-band Land Based, LPDA, Linear Omni, Triplexer, Scanner Antennas
A new method of radio direction findingPriority listing
- A method of finding radio sources with antennas based on omni-directionality (the less directional the better coverage). Uses energy levels and some sophisticated math (encompassed in a free software download on the site) to find x,y,z coordinates of the fox relative to the center of your antenna array. Can be overlayed on a GPS map to help you locate in real-time.
- Logging program which offers control of your KENWOOD, ICOM, TEN-TEC , or YAESU (FT840, FT900, FT990, FT1000, FT1000D) radios directly from your keyboard or emulation of any of the above radios.