Search Results for "what is antenna"43 links
- Balcony antennas
- What is the best balcony antenna? what antenna would you recommend for use on typical hotel balcony?
Read some answers here
[ Hits: 8336 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2.00 ]
- 440 Mhz J-Pole Antenna plans
- Here is a 70cm (440 Mhz) J-Pole antenna that is inexpensive, and easy to build. Author use 1/2 inch copper pipe, and the associated fittings necessary. The dimensions arenít typical however, this is what it took to get its SWR low.
[ Hits: 15860 | Votes: 31 | Rating: 4.77 ]
- DIY Basic Electronics and Antennas
- DIY Basic Electronic Theory, Basic Antenna Theory with Antennas built from common materials. What does SWR really mean. Baluns from transmission line.
[ Hits: 10993 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 8.13 ]
- Baluns on Log Perodic Antennas
- Some antenna manufacturers place baluns at the incorrect location in LPDA arrays. If we consider what the balun does we can see how the mistake occurs.
[ Hits: 1421 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- Antenna here is a Dipole
- What is a dipole antenna and why are they so popular ? Arrl PDF file
[ Hits: 11594 | Votes: 12 | Rating: 5.42 ]
- The Hairpin Monopole Antenna
- Numerous questions have been raised concerning its performance, namely How can a balanced structure radiate? and What is its impedance? This article will attempt to answer these questions.
[ Hits: 1288 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 8.50 ]
- Conductors for HF Antennas
- Putting up an antenna for the low bands? What kind of wire will you use? This analysis may change your plans.
[ Hits: 1838 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 9.25 ]
- The Moxon rectangle, what matters?
- About the moxon antennas, analysis and technical considerations anbout moxon rectangles by SM5JAB
[ Hits: 976 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Some plain facts about multiband vertical antennas
- There is considerable confusion as to what exactly a multiband vertical antenna is. The confusion concerns the method of feed, how much mismatch one can expect, how many radials are required, how the particular antenna is built for multiband use, plus some other points.
[ Hits: 1691 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- NVIS - What it is and how to use it
- Article on NVIS antennas By Patricia Gibbons - WA6UBE
[ Hits: 4397 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 8.44 ]
- About NVIS antennas
- What is NVIS Near Vertical Incident Skywave
[ Hits: 5501 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 5.22 ]
- Choosing wire for an antenna
- One of the most asked questions when it comes to antennas is what kind of wire should I use
[ Hits: 31235 | Votes: 35 | Rating: 6.23 ]
- Local QRM reduction
- It is not always possible to tackle the sources of local QRM. What remains is trying to reduce the noise level by means of your antenna system.
Learn how to reduce QRM and understand how cancell noises by PA0SIM
[ Hits: 610 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Small antennas and radiation resistance
- Small antenna, what causes loss and how to increase radiation resistance in small antennas., A description of loss and radiation resistance.
[ Hits: 747 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Amateur Radio Antennas: Ground Theory
- Perfect ground vs. poor ground. What is the difference? How does the ground influence the DX-gain?
[ Hits: 5871 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Another way to look at vertical antennas
- What iss the difference between a dipole and a vertical? Maybe not as much as you think. Come along
and try another point of view.
[ Hits: 3468 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Antenna Gain on Trial
- Most people think it's a good thing to have and the more the better. However, this is not always true - and the amount of gain is often not what it appears to be. Assuming higher gain is what you need, how do you determine what will give the best performance?
[ Hits: 824 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- XE1YJS Tower and antenna setup
- What is the procedure of a tower and antennas instalation? Pictures and comments of this antenna installation in Mexico
[ Hits: 10725 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 4.17 ]
- Quarter Wave with radials
- VHF quarter wave antenna mainly for scanner usage, The quarter wave antenna is an easily designed and constructed antenna for whatever frequency you want, although with the following design, you may to limit it to the VHF and UHF bands due to the physical size.
[ Hits: 7237 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.20 ]
- Selecting a WiFi antenna
- What is the best WiFi antenna for me?
Looking for a range extender antenna for your WiFi system. This article will help in choosing the correct antenna for your system
[ Hits: 5369 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7.33 ]
- Portable Wire Antenna
- W4ZT used this antenna for Field Day and other portable applications. He built them for all bands between 160 meters and 6 meters. You can make them easily using whatever wire you have available and make the insulators from scrap plastic
[ Hits: 1645 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- ARRLWeb: Automobile
- Hams have been putting stations in their cars since the Twenties. Today, there is great satisfaction in facing the challenge of installing a transceiver in our small cars and pick-ups, using somewhat inefficient antennas
[ Hits: 698 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Getting Started in SW Listening
- Excellent and exaustive guide to shortwave listening offered by monitoringtimes, includes operating guides, technical suggestions, buying guieds, antennas implementations and more, all what is needed by shortwave listening beginners.
[ Hits: 4212 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 7.36 ]
- Freeware antenna software that lets you see what the polar diagram of your rotatable beam actually looks like where it is operating.
With PolarPlot you can measure the polar diagram of the antenna and check for abnormalities - compare plots taken before and after changes to the design or location - check the -3dB beamwidth - look at the front to back ratio - see the size and position of the sidelobes.
[ Hits: 5245 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 5.37 ]
- About Lightning Protection
- What You Should Know About Lightning Protection
by Joseph H. Reisert
[ Hits: 2764 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]