Home : Technical Reference : Homebrew
- WN2A Homebrew Heaven - Stuff for Homebrewer
- Ham Radio Circuits - Circuits of SSB Transceiver, AM DSB Transmitter, Antennas, BFO, VFO, 807, FM Mike, Crystal filter and more.
- JF1OZL - Large list of homemade projects and designs
- SM0VPO Homebrew pages - Harry Lythall SM0VPO/G4VVJ homebrew web site, contains several projects, antenna notes and plans, receivers and transmitters plans, regularly updated.
- Homebrew projects by dl5dbm - KW,2-meter,6-meter,antennas,amplifiers,preamps,powersupplys, and more
- Homebrew your own inductors - Cannot find the inductors you need for an antenna, a tuner or amplifier ? Build your own it is easy! Article by W3JIP
- SP5GJN - HF Power Amplifiers - HF home meade power amplifiers by SP5GJN
- EI9GQ - Homebrew page with some great homebrew gear shown here.
- IZ7ATH Projects - Antennas, Keyer, amplifier, transverter, baluns
- Install a PL-259 on an RG-8X - A better way to install PL-259 connectors on RG-8X type coax by Dan Richardson, K6MHE
- Ham Radio Homebrewing by IK3OIL - A collection of projects for Amateur Radio Homebrewing enthusiasts
- W8JI Technical pages - Amplifier, vacuum tube, receiving beverage loop vertical and transmitting antenna system technical information radiation resistance, EH antenna, noise,receivers, and information on keyclicks.
- GW0VMR construction ideas - selection of construction ideas from Patrick, GW0VMR, includes ATU, Baluns theory
- A 20 Ampere / 13,8V power supply - A 20 ampere and more 13,8V power supply for RTX
- Antenna elevator system for amateur satellites - Smart homebrew antenna-ELEVATOR system with linear actuator. The actuator is a cheap and heavy tool with high enough torque, ideal for elevation systems, but in practice it needs quite an effort in order to operate correctly in your homebrew antenna system. This page inform you of the actuator's secrets.
- A *balanced* balanced antenna tuner - The published version of this article appeared in the February 1990 issue of QST Magazine
- OH7SV Matti Hohtola Ham Projects - The most modern QRP transceiver in 2004,Direct Conversion HF Transceiver with DDS LO, 50 ohm to 200 ohm HF wide band transformers, Wilkinson splitter for RX measurements, Windom baluns 2001/2004, Ferrite rod antenna for 80 meter, Magnetic Loop Antenna for 80 m, Mascot Switched PSU 9320 modification to 8A peak current, 150W MOSFET linear amplifier for 80m, 80 m HF SSB/CW Transceiver
- 7 MHz SSB Transceiver - Circuit diagram and discription of 7 MHz Ham Radio SSB Transceiver. Transceiver using two MC1496, 4.43 MHz Ladder filter, LM386, LM324 and IRF840 in final.
- N3LS Larry - Amateur radio links and homebrew projects
- HA8ET Technical & Homebrew pages - Technical Articles, Homebrew,Test & Measurements, (Returnloss Bridge 1,8 MHz...1300 MHz, 2m/70cm DIPLEXER...) Vacum Tube Databases, VHF-UHF-SHF Power amplifiers,HAM links, electronics links
- G3PTO - Homebuilt Amateur Radio & CW communications web site
- F5RDH homebrew projects - some interestig homebrew projects
- Ferrite information - Ferrite Toroidal Cores, Magnetic Properties of Ferrite Materials, EMI - RFI Suppression Design Considerations, Ferrite Beads, Ferrites for RFI Ferrite Cores for RFI Suppression by CWS ByteMark
- LC METER - Inductance and Capacitance meter using``Frequency Shifted Oscillator
- QRP 20m Antenna Tuner Unit - A QRP antenna tuner for 20 meters band
- ON5ZO Homebrewings - ON5ZO's homepage with station description, info and homebrew projects
- A Simple Telegraph Key - How To Build Code-Practice Apparatus: A Simple Telegraph Key
- QRO GU-84B TETRODE - GU-84B Homebrew HF Amplifiers
- 40 meter QRP Transceiver - This semi-homebrew QRP (low power) CW transceiver is based on the ARK-40 transceiver kit, by S&S Engineering. With its built-in CW keyer and 5 watts of power, the basic ARK-40 transceiver is an outstanding 40 meter CW performer
- Some good ideas for a big Delta Loop antenna - A 3 element DELTA LOOP on 20 meter, 4 on 15 and 5 on 10: my new beam (Just some good ideas)
- 27Cxx Eprom programmer and KissEprom - Simple eprom programmer for 27Cxx family , used in TNC and G3ruh modem, eprom tutorial, schematics and KissEprom software for windows by iz7ath
- ESR METER: (Equivalent Serie Resistance of capacitors) - Esr meter to measure the equivalent serie resistance of capacitors
- I1KFH Homebrewing - Homebrew web site
- Direct Conversion HF Transceiver with DDS LO - Direct conversion HF radio with DDS frequency synthesizer is very interesting concept. OH7SV and OH2NLT are experimenting with such rig. Full stories will become available when project matures. Here we have some preview pictures and material.
Ham Radio homebrew and home-made, build your own antenna, radio
- 23cm PSK packet RTX
- 23cm PSK packet-radio RTX for 1.2Mbit/s user access by Matjaz Vidmar, S53MV
[ Hits: 2438 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 6.33 ]
- 27Cxx Eprom programmer and KissEprom
- Simple eprom programmer for 27Cxx family , used in TNC and G3ruh modem, eprom tutorial, schematics and KissEprom software for windows by iz7ath
[ Hits: 5233 | Votes: 73 | Rating: 5.09 ]
- 40 meter QRP Transceiver
- This semi-homebrew QRP (low power) CW transceiver is based on the ARK-40 transceiver kit, by S&S Engineering.
With its built-in CW keyer and 5 watts of power, the basic ARK-40 transceiver is an outstanding 40 meter CW performer
[ Hits: 8086 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 7.40 ]
- 430MHz ATV transmitter
- ATV transmitter on 430MHz band used with special transmitting tube named 5894 for final stage. Run about 10W average for TV signal and 20W at synchronous peak. Final stage control gird modulation works well for NTSC color video signal and good at audio as well.
[ Hits: 3541 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- 6m technical docuemnts
- A collection of scanned diagrams and designs, documents and modifications for 50 Mhz ham radio equipment
[ Hits: 2732 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- 7 MHz SSB Transceiver
- Circuit diagram and discription of 7 MHz Ham Radio SSB Transceiver. Transceiver using two MC1496, 4.43 MHz Ladder filter, LM386, LM324 and IRF840 in final.
[ Hits: 18216 | Votes: 40 | Rating: 6.69 ]
- 70 cm Power splitter
- A simple accurate power splitter for the 70cm uplink to Oscar 13 by G8EUX
[ Hits: 1436 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- 75 meter AM Transceiver
- Frequency coverage: 3.75 MHz to 4.00 MH transceiver for 75 MHz band
[ Hits: 934 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- 80 Watt FM stereo broadcast transmitter
- A high quality broadcast transmitter big enough for a medium town
[ Hits: 278 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- A *balanced* balanced antenna tuner
- The published version of this article appeared in the February 1990 issue of QST Magazine
[ Hits: 19470 | Votes: 11 | Rating: 7.28 ]
- A 2.3GHz to 432MHz receiver converter
- Receiver converter that can be plugged to the backside of the Yaesu FT-817 battery powered portable transceiver
[ Hits: 1311 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- A 20 Ampere / 13,8V power supply
- A 20 ampere and more 13,8V power supply for RTX
[ Hits: 20272 | Votes: 40 | Rating: 5.44 ]
- A 6M Transverter
- Build a transverter based on a 6M receive converter. A 32MHz TTL oscillator is used as the local oscillator for both transmitting and receiving. RX/TX switching is handled by three SPDT relays.
[ Hits: 4585 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- A cheap S Meter
- A low-level voltage meter and could even be used for audio purposes.
[ Hits: 2196 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.50 ]
- A CW Sidetone Bypass
- A CW sidetone bypass for the NESCAF audio filter, a small and low cost circuit that works great.
[ Hits: 241 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- A D-ATV transmitter project
- Build this simple and cheap 70 MHz Exciter and start to transmit Digital Television by Jean-François Fourcadier, F4DAY
[ Hits: 2182 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- A Flexible Digital-Mode Interface
- One interface, all the software—here’s how to do it simplyand inexpensively. QST article by Jim Mitrenga N9ART
[ Hits: 1642 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 9.60 ]
- A Modern Thermocouple Ammeter
- Thermocouple ammeters are very rare these days, but the job they were perfect for - measuring antenna currents - is still a modern requirement especially in respect to groundplane currents. By David A. Reid PA3HBB G0BZF
[ Hits: 2582 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- A Pb Battery Recharger
- The starting idea was to build a battery charger for Pb battery used in car and moto...
[ Hits: 3064 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 3.67 ]
- A PIC16F84 based CW Decoder
- CW decoder project that automatically adapts itself to the CW rate and may be employed for learning purpose substituting the traditional tone generator and offering the capability of displaying the keyed code.
[ Hits: 1234 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 7.17 ]
- A Simple Dual Band SSB Transceiver
- Homebrew a dual-band transceiver with a crisp receiver and a clean SSB signal
[ Hits: 2481 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- A Simple Telegraph Key
- How To Build Code-Practice Apparatus: A Simple Telegraph Key
[ Hits: 8887 | Votes: 10 | Rating: 6.30 ]
- A Simple VFO for 80 and 160 Meters
- This VFO is simple to build and is quite stable.
[ Hits: 977 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- ACWS: Automatic CW Sender by iz7ath
- Simple circuit, with a simple push, transmit a memorized Cw messages
[ Hits: 1255 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 8.00 ]
- Analog Inputs on a KPC-9612 TNC
- Modify a KPC-9612 to give a total of four analog input for remote monitoring and telemetry.
[ Hits: 543 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Antenna elevator system for amateur satellites
- Smart homebrew antenna-ELEVATOR system with linear actuator. The actuator is a cheap and heavy tool with high enough torque, ideal for elevation systems, but in practice it needs quite an effort in order to operate correctly in your homebrew antenna system. This page inform you of the actuator's secrets.
[ Hits: 20176 | Votes: 40 | Rating: 7.50 ]
- AR8000 Serial Link
- A simple and inexpensive way to connect an AR8000 to a portable computer
[ Hits: 1430 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.50 ]
- Automatic Band Decoders
- Build your own band decoder, for kenwood rigs too
[ Hits: 954 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- Automatic Band Decoders
- To build a Band Decoder to drive our remote relays, we need to supply the band information from the rig to the decoder
[ Hits: 1027 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 2.00 ]
- Band decoder
- Automatic and decoder project by sm3wmv
[ Hits: 533 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Basic RF Oscillator
- A simple RF oscillator by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO
[ Hits: 1244 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 6.50 ]
- Motorola two way systems technical documents
[ Hits: 917 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Bluetooth Audio and Amateur Radio
- Bluetooth headsets are very common with cell phone users. As such, many amateurs may already own a Bluetooth (BT) headset. So why not use it with amateur radio?
[ Hits: 3887 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 7.22 ]
- Bowden's Hobby Circuits
- A small collection of electronic circuits for the hobbyist or student. Site includes over 100 circuit diagrams, links to related sites, commercial kits and projects, newsgroups and educational areas. Most of the circuits can be built with common components available from Radio Shack or salvaged from scrap electronic equipment
[ Hits: 3940 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 7.62 ]
- Build A 100Khz Crystal Calibrator
[ Hits: 2211 | Votes: 7 | Rating: 7.15 ]
- Build a Vox Circuit
- by Mike Martell N1HFX
[ Hits: 4557 | Votes: 21 | Rating: 5.10 ]
- Build your hamcomm interface
- This is the small easy to build interface that will allow you to receive most all the digital modes on you shortwave radio.
[ Hits: 2938 | Votes: 92 | Rating: 5.99 ]
- Build yourself an RF Ammeter
- An Easy way to Monitor RF, AC or DC current with one instrument by W5JGV
[ Hits: 3204 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 6.00 ]
- Building Your Own AM Tuner
- Hi-Fi AM Tuner and Amplifier
[ Hits: 1369 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Change Battery on DVS-2
- The DVS-2 is a CQ unit for the Yaesu Trancievers.
[ Hits: 377 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Constant Current Battery Charger
- Constant Current Battery Charger circuit project
[ Hits: 2326 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- Crystal Radios at crystalradio.org.uk
- Shortwave and broadcast band listening using crystal (passive) radio.
[ Hits: 2479 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 5.00 ]
- Crystal set radio
- A short wave crystal set radio project
[ Hits: 3911 | Votes: 55 | Rating: 7.95 ]
- CW Command Post
- Replace four separate accessories keyer, keyermemory, audio filter, and audio amplifier-- with one box containing allfour and providing for multiple inputs and outputs. N1FN CW CommandPost
A not very original CW operating accessory "put together" by N1FN
[ Hits: 1403 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- CW Decoder
- A PIC based morse code decoder circuit
[ Hits: 298 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
Technical Reference : Homebrew
Technical Reference :
Alternative PowerAmplifiersAntenna LauncherAntenna RotatorAntenna SwitchAPRSArduinoAttenuatorsATVAudioBatteriesBeacon keyersCalculatorsCB RadiosCoax Cables and ConnectorsComponentsDigital ATV projectsDTMFDummy LoadsDuplexersElectronicsFiltersFrequency CounterGroundingHam Radio Go KitsHeadsets and SpeakersHF RadiosHomebrew *Key ClicksKeyersLightning ProtectionMic wiringMicrophonesMircrowaveMorse Code OscillatorMorse KeysPan AdapterPower MeterPower SupplyPreamplifiersProgramming RadioQRP ProjectsRadio Direction FindingRadio Frequency InterferenceRadio ModsRadio Programming CableRaspberry PiReceiversRepeaterRF DesignRF SafetyRF Signal GeneratorsScannersSoftware Defined RadioSoldering and DesolderingSound Card Radio InterfacingSpectrum AnalyzersSWR MetersTest EquipmentTransvertersTVI FiltersVacuum tubeVector Network AnalyzerVHF RadiosWiFi
Recent Links The Old Radio Builder Small AM Transmitter 80 Watt FM stereo broadcast transmitter CW Decoder Visual CW Tuning Indicator
Daily Top 10
Get our links, Everywhere!
Sign up for daily Newsletter
Service provided by Google FeedBurner
Free for your Site
Add our gadgets to your siteDaily Top 10 links