Search Results for "long"331 links - and 5 categories
- The G4ZU Spider Beam or Skypper
- This 3 elements wire Yagi comes along in a great variety of names. On the 11 meter is calle Skypper due to the manufacturer Alex 1SD019
On Ham bands is called Spider beam or G4ZU.
[ Hits: 4492 | Votes: 20 | Rating: 4.59 ]
- 160 meter linear loaded Inverted L antenna
- The total length of the inverted L is 240 feet, which is 7/16th of a wave length long. It has a 92 foot horizontal linear load section 1 foot above ground that terminates into a home-brewed parallel network tuner by KN4LF
[ Hits: 3521 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 5.60 ]
- 40M Reversible Moxon
- W8EGB moxon project, each side is 51 feet long and the turned in sections are each 7.7ft long.
This antenna performed similar to a full size two element yagi for 40 meters.
[ Hits: 3617 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 9.00 ]
- Magnetic longwire balun
- Magnetic longwire baluns 1:9 combined with ground, a 1:2 and 1:1 balun connections by ON6MU
[ Hits: 3988 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 5.13 ]
- QRP Magnetic longwire balun with VHF-splitter
- This Magnetic Longwire Balun (MLB) makes it possible to efficiently use a coaxial lead-in cable with all forms of longwires, T-forms or other types of wire antennas, without the need for an antenna tuner.
[ Hits: 2720 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- Open Wire Feed Line a second look
- Put up the longest dipole you can fit, feed it with open wire line, connect it to the balanced output of your tuner and—poof! Instant multiband antenna. Is life really that simple? By Paul Danzer, N1II
[ Hits: 1888 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 3.25 ]
- W5JGV Mobile Antenna
- A High Efficiency Extended Length Mobile Antenna
The antenna itself is 3.42 meters or 11 feet 2 inches long from the top of the mounting spring to the tip. By W5JGV
[ Hits: 3383 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 7.25 ]
- QRP Antenna 80-40-20-15 End Fed Antenna
- A long wire antenna that will load up on 80, 40, 20 & 15 meters without an antenna tuner and without balun coils
[ Hits: 5163 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 6.25 ]
- Importance of noise reduction in wires antennas
- An old post by John Doty about effects of noise in longwire antenna.
[ Hits: 1392 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Antenna Gain to ERP
- A radio's transmitting power can be concentrated along the horizon by use of a GAIN antenna. Although you may still be transmitting with four watts of power, your effective radiated powerwill be greatly increased. This table shows the effects of antenna gain on a transmitter with 4 watts of transmit power.
[ Hits: 1178 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 4.50 ]
- FBK portable mini tuner
- Tunes symmetric/coax/longwire antenna's between 1.8-50MHz
[ Hits: 3435 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Antenna Tuning Units for better reception
- For good Short Wave reception long aerial really is required to dig those distant stations out of the ether.
[ Hits: 3620 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 8.33 ]
- CO2KK Wire antenna for 50 Mhz
- 6m (50Mhz) Long wire antenna
There is another form of long wire antenna which provides uni-directional coverage and is easy to build. Description by Arnie Coro CO2KK
[ Hits: 1275 | Votes: 2 | Rating: 7.00 ]
- W7DG Lower Columbia Amateur Radio Association
- Longview, Washington
[ Hits: 574 | Votes: 6 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Convert addresses to Latitude and Longitude
- This online tool will convert any street address into latitude and longitude and vice-versa by executing queries to several online mapping services like googlemap geocoder maporama terraserver and more by Stephen P. Morse
[ Hits: 1928 | Votes: 4 | Rating: 2.75 ]
- Long Wave Radio
- The World of LF, by G3YXM reference site for longwave operations. Introduction to operating on 136 and 501 Khz
[ Hits: 464 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 1.00 ]
- Build a 136 kHx TX
- Two versions of a 350 and 900 W output TX for longwave by G3YXM
[ Hits: 683 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Olivia, the Magic Digital Mode
- Olivia MFSK digital communications are becoming popular in amateur radio because Olivia is one of the most robust methods of text keyboarding, that can perform superbly for long distance communications. Olivia frequencies, format and software
[ Hits: 1656 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 8.38 ]
- Long Range Wi-Fi
- Long range Wi-Fi antennas you can build. Helicals, parabolics, and biquads discussed. How to add external antennas to WUSB54GC and F5D7050 usb wireless adapters for long range connections.
[ Hits: 10251 | Votes: 8 | Rating: 5.87 ]
- Scientific Surplus
- Buy, sell and trade electronic and scientific instruments.
Oscilloscopes, microscopes, signal generators, RF equipment, short & long wave radios, meters and wattmeters, detectors (radiation, metal), spectrum & network analysers military equipment
[ Hits: 509 | Votes: 0 | Rating: 0.00 ]
- Beam DX
- BEAM_DX is a free software for radioamateurs or radio listeners usage.
It allows to point a directionnal antenna towards an azimuth, a locator, an international prefix or any other geographical position on earth predefined by its latitude and its longitude by F1ORL
[ Hits: 2088 | Votes: 3 | Rating: 4.00 ]
- IBP - Beacon Monitor
- Linux program that helps one with monitoring the beacons of the International Beacon Project, by continuously showing which beacon is transmitting on which frequency, along with the distance and antenna directions by PA3FWM
[ Hits: 984 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- FA Palm - Grid Square
- Grid Square for Palm OS calculates the Maidenhead Grid Square for a given latitude and longitude.
[ Hits: 497 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- SPLAT! for Windows
- This free software is useful for visualizing terrain and performing Longley-Rice path loss and coverage prediction using the Irregular Terrain Model.
A Windows port of the Linux-based SPLAT by John Magliacane.
[ Hits: 4168 | Votes: 26 | Rating: 6.77 ]
- Interdigital bandpass filter designer
- Fill out the form to design a bandpass filter as described in the January 1985 issue of Ham Radio Magazine. These filters are generally limited to frequencies above 200 MHZ because their size is slightly longer than 1/4 wavelength
[ Hits: 833 | Votes: 5 | Rating: 8.20 ]