Build your own 20m verticalpop
- Build your own 50ohm coax fed 20m vertical antenna, so easy a 9 year old can do it, or at least help! And the budget? You may already have the materials on hand, or worse case spend $15 by Andrew Daniel - KI4QFY
6 Meter 5/8 Wave Vertical Antenna
- The G3JVL 6 Meter ground plane vertical is a compact antenna that is ideal for portable operations. If needed, it can be disassembled into a very small bundle no longer than the longest element.
Hex Beam by K4KIO
- This site provides guidelines to build a G3TXQ broad band hex beam RF antenna for the 5 ham radio bands, 20, 17, 15, 12 and 10 meters.
The G3TXQ hex beam is a new development and actually easier to build than the classic hexbeam.
Super J-Pole for 435MHz
- The Super J Pole antenna is a co-linear vertical consisting of a number of half wave length vertical elements separated with half-wave length stubs (Tuning stub) feed with a folded matching stub by vk6ysf
Building Coaxial Traps
- This page describes the design and construction materials W8WWV used to build a coaxial cable trap. A coaxial cable trap is a parallel resonant circuit that is usually inserted in an antenna element to enable multiband operation.
HB9Z Internet Remote Base
- A controllable TS2000 made available at HB9Z in switzerland. Antennas are Carolina Windom 160 for 160-10m, a 5-Element Beam for 20-15-10m a
G5RV for 80-10m and a V2000-Vertical for 6m, 2m, 70 cm.
ICOM 746 Temperature Measurements
- The ICOM 746-Pro has acquired a history of NEC 1678G (IC-151) MMIC and driver transistor 2SK2975 failures. The failure of IC-151 appears to be a combination of ESD damage from electrostatic charge on the antenna entering IC-151, and perhaps thermal heat.