The Moxon Rectangle on 2 Meters
- We often think of the Moxon rectangle as strictly an HF antenna. However, its small size and special far field pattern lend themselves to some VHF applications. So let's see how to adapt the design to 2 meters (as a popular band choice) and also see a few of the uses to which we may effectively put the design.
G5RV multi-band antenna
- Multi-band centre-fed antenna capable of very efficient operation on allHFbands, specifically designed with dimensions which allow it to be installed in gardens and other open spaces which accommodate a reasonably-straight run of 31.1m (102 ft) for the flat-top standard model.
160/80m Coaxial Receiving Loop Antennaspop
- Receiving loop antenna for top band. This antenna allow to reduce noise on both bands. The stand alone 80m loop is approximately four feet in diameter. And made of light weight material. Which makes it ideal for portable use or you can mount it above a pre-existing vhf antenna, and due to it's small size it is quite rotatable.
Scanrec Scanner Recorder
- Scanner Recorder (Scanrec) is a free audio recorder that is primarily designed to record speech. It has a VOX control that allows the user to save disk space when no sound is present in the signal. Since FM communications has such an effective squelch, the recorder works best with FM. HF ham bands and World Band radio have such a poor signal to noise ratio that the VOX gate on Scanrec might not be very easy to set.
HF Beacon tracker
- This Windows program will identify the 18 worldwide NCDXF/IARU International Beacon Stations and display each, as they become active
n just 3 minutes, you will know if a band is really open
[ Hits: 1445 | Votes: 1 | Rating: 10.00 ]
- PropView is a free application that uses the included VOACAP, ICEPAC, and IONCAP engines to graphically display band openings between two locations over a specified 24 hour period. It can also build schedules for the IARU/HF beacon network and automatically QSY your transceiver to monitor each scheduled beacon.
- This program descrambles band inverted encrypted transmissions, usually found on VHF/UHF. It uses a NCO (numerical controlled oscillator) to re-produce the originally inverted audio band.
- VQLog is a shareware log-book program for Windows specially intended for HF or VHF-DX'ers and Satellite enthusiasts, and it is fully usable for ALL amateur bands from 0 KHz to 99 GHz
[ Hits: 1733 | Votes: 14 | Rating: 7.89 ]
VHF Logging program
- This program checks for duplicates (including partials), lists multiplier grids by band, lists all contacts, writes the Cabrillo file format for log submission, and provides many current statistics by N3FJP
- CyberDX-CW is a software simulation of an amateur radio station monitoring the world. Generates a simulated radio environment, where the operator can tune all of the HFbands and actually hear computer generated station activity