440 Mhz J-Pole Antenna plans
- Here is a 70cm (440 Mhz) J-Pole antenna that is inexpensive, and easy to build. Author use 1/2 inch copper pipe, and the associated fittings necessary. The dimensions aren’t typical however, this is what it took to get its SWR low.
Short radials for ground-plane antennas
- Think your elevated radials always have to be full size? N6LF lets you in on some great ideas to lessen the â€świngspanâ€ť of radials, especially near the beach.
- Have you ever wondered where different modes should be operated, what frequencies to avoid as a courtesy like SSTV etc? This site offer a database for known net frequencies,known segments for different modes, known beacons
Grig Radio Control
- Grig is a freeware simple Ham Radio control (CAT) program based on the Ham Radio Control Libraries (Hamlib). It is intended to be highly generic presenting the user to the same graphical user interface regardless of which radio is being controlled.
Grig supports the most commonly used CAT commands that are implemented by Hamlib, and integrates well with other ham radio programs like Xlog and gMFSK.
Grig has been developed on Linux, but has been ported on Mac and Windows OS.
Lightning Safety & Power Quality Issues
- LightningProtection: Lightning Safety & Power Quality Issues. A moderated professional forum by recognized experts, for accurate technical information on lightning, surge and grounding information.